July 2013 Weddings

New, old, borrowed and blue???

WHat are you ladies doing for your something new, old, borrowed and blue?? My new is my dress, my old, I am taking some of the lace from the under layers of my moms wedding dress to wrap my flowers in. I have no clue for my something borrowed, I was going to ask to borrow a pearl necklace from my grandma or great aunt, but I don't know they are going to have something to fit my style. My something blue is I have "I do" undies from VS.

Are you doing a signature drink?? I think we are going to do one in addition to the open bar, something like the bride and groom recommend and we are suggesting cosmos, jack and coke. Are you doing a siggy drink, what are they??

Re: New, old, borrowed and blue???

• Old grandmothers necklace New dress Borrowed is TBD Blue are the I Do letters under my shoes
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Old-  My great great great grandmothers necklace from 1912 that she wore on her wedding. It will be tied to my boquet 
    New- Dress
    Borrowed- Pearl earings/necklace/bracelt (I will buy these if I can't borrow them all as planned)
    Blue- I plan to hand stitch the date in blue into the hem of my dress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New is dress.
    Old is my engagement ring since it was my moms when she married my dad.
    Borrowed, who knows, lol.
    Blue, again, who knows!!! Do flowers count?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

151 invitedimage [ Invited]
     78 attendingimage [ Said Yes!]
     73 declinedimage [ Are Party Poopers]
     0 unknownimage [ Can't Find the Mailbox]
    RSVP June 19

• Old: P. grandmothers watch/ M. grandmother's band

New: Dress from sister

Borrowed: TBD (I'm thinking a ring or pearls of my mom..)

Blue: Panties Embarassed
    Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Fitness goals tickers
  • Old: Grandma's passing down her wedding ring for me, but I want something else so I can have something old all day, not just once I reach the end of the altar!
    New: Dress :)
    Borrowed: TBD! Is there some ettiquite rule about asking to borrow something? I'm not going near that board to find out!! ;)
    Blue: My shoes! I love them and I'm so excited for them!! :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Old-My Great Grandma's Pin on my boquet handle.
    New-Dress.
    Borrowed-My sisters viel.
    Blue-My Bridesmaid are going to write in blue marker on the bottom of my shoes. 
  • Planning to borrow my sister's veil.
    Blue garter.
    New dress.
    Old...hmmmmm
  • old- piece of my moms veil sewn on as my blusher (still have to see if they can do this)
    new- dress, shoes, sash, take your pick!!
    borrowed- earrings or bracelet from my jeweler 
    blue- garter (so I'm told by my man on honor) I guess they are getting that for me
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • New - dress
    Borrowed - tbd
    Old - tbd
    Blue - bouquet and garter
  • Old: maternal grandmother's earrings New: dress Borrowed: wearing a bracelet from my FI's mom (wanted something from both families) Blue: shoes (navy). I have a cute heel and then for when my feet are exhausted and hurt - navy blue glitter covered Sperrys.
  • Old: a pair of diamond rings that my FMIL gave to me that were a gift from her late husband over 10 years ago

New: my dress!

Borrowed: no idea, eek! Any suggestions?

Blue: garter 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Old: My grandmother just sent me a gold bracelet with blue sapphires that belonged to her mother! I received it yesterday! And somehow, it fit perfectly on my tiny wrist.

New: dress!

Borrowed: My mom's earrings she wore for her wedding. And I wear her original wedding band on my right middle finger!

Blue: garter
  • Old: I'm pretty sure I'm wearing the same gloves that my memere wore for her wedding!

New: Eh, I don't know.  I feel like using anything like the dress or shoes would just be a cop-out since I'm wearing those anyway, lol!

Borrowed: I might be wearing my aunt's pearls.  They go great with the dress, but not so great with the earrings.

Blue: The earrings!  They're white gold with diamonds and sapphires!  I'm wearing an ivory lace dress, so they don't EXACTLY go (we got the earrings first!), and they definitely don't match the pearls.  I'm still wearing the earrings regardless! 

• drg424drg424 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013

Old: my great grandmother's hankerchief is being pinned to my underskirt

New: I guess my dress (yeah, agree - cop-out!)

Borrowed: my grandmother's original wedding ring, reset with my grandfather's birthstone

Blue: garter - never seen it, but my grandmother tells me it exists :)

ETA: funny thing, I just remembered, at one point FI asked me what "his something old, something new..." was going to be LOL! I was like, um, that's a girl thing do-do.

• drg424 said:

Old: my great grandmother's hankerchief is being pinned to my underskirt

New: I guess my dress (yeah, agree - cop-out!)

Borrowed: my grandmother's original wedding ring, reset with my grandfather's birthstone

Blue: garter - never seen it, but my grandmother tells me it exists :)

ETA: funny thing, I just remembered, at one point FI asked me what "his something old, something new..." was going to be LOL! I was like, um, that's a girl thing do-do.

That is so cute!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards