Honeymoon Discussions
Options

*Jells*

Is late March/early April the rainy season in Bora Bora/FP?  I think it is.  If so, do you know how rainy is rainy?  Like, pours all day every day, or pours all day one day out of the week, or pours for an hour every day?  Just some sense of whether it's worth it to go during the rainy season.

Re: *Jells*

• Options

That time of year is considered low season still, but not quite to the extent as Jan/Feb. I actually usually travel there during that time frame because it just seems to work out well for us. At times, it's rained a few days in a row, others just in the afternoons, other times it doesn't rain at all. IMHO, I'd try to go closer to April than March if you can, however, your best deals usually end March 31st.

• Options
    Well, wedding date is March 29, and we're looking at leaving pretty much right after that, so I guess we'll be missing the March 31 deals!  I think we're going to try for at least 10 days, preferably 2 weeks, so if it does rain a few days in a row, at least we'll have other days to make up for it!  Thanks!
  • Options
    I think early April will be fine! I went there in early April for my first marriage HM for two weeks and had almost perfect weather. I think it rained 1 day on each island (we primarily stayed in Bora Bora and Taha'a.) Have fun planning!

• Options
    Sweet!  Would you mind re-sending the PM with the TA recommendations that you sent me a couple months ago?  Didn't realize that it got deleted in a "upgrade" to TK.  Original thread where we discussed it:

http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/962918/south-pacific-recommendations
  • Options
    You've got mail!

• Options
    edited July 2013

@Jells2dot0 I don't mean to hijack this thread but I was reading honeymoon and I feel like you have been every where we are thinking about going!  we got married in June but are planning our honeymoon for Feb. 2014.  (we had out of state weddings both the weekend before and after ours).  FI suggested going to Bora Bora and my suggestion has been Australia for 4-5 days then Tahiti/Bora Bora/other island for the remaining 9-10 days.  I know this is incredibly general but since you have been, do you have an opinion??? 

thanks and sorry OP for asking a question off topic in your thread!!! 

ETA: spelling!

• Options
    @stumpie- I loved Australia and I also loved Tahiti, but honestly, I don't recommend doing both in the same trip unless you have a ton of time. We spent 2.5 weeks in Australia and didn't even scratch the surface. Plus, it's still a 6 hour flight from Papeete to Sydney (or doing the 14 hours to Sydney and 6 hours back up to Papeete.) If you really wanted to do Australia, I recommend staying within one area (maybe the Sydney area/NSW) for at least a week and then heading to Fiji for a few nights. Or, you can get the best of what Australia has to offer by sticking to the East Coast and working your way up from Sydney to Brisbane and checking out some of the islands closest to Brisbane (I stayed on Heron and Wilson, which are pretty much the furthest south islands). I do not recommend going any further north than that in February. It will be extremely hot and humid. I realize I just said  lot there, but IMHO, I'd really only stick to one area. I'd do either only Tahiti, only Australia, or only Fiji (if you opted for something like that.)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards