Massachusetts-Boston
Options

Seamstress... 2 Questions (Chris O'Hare)

I want to majorly alter my dress... bring it in at least 2 sizes and alter the body (make it more form fitting and more mermaidey). 

When should I start contacting a seamstress?  

So I know Chris O'Hare knocks the socks off of most brides on this board but I live in Burlington and work in Stoneham (totally not near Quincy).

Is she worth the drive? Are her prices really awesome?

Anyone willing to share her pricing?

TIA!

Re: Seamstress... 2 Questions (Chris O'Hare)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I sent you a message!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!... I just replied.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello, can you send me a msg too?!  I was wondering the same exact thing and wanting to contact Chris O'Hare.  And I live even further out, Wilmington and want to know if it's worth the drive :-)  Thanks so much!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You got it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used Faye Carreher (I think I'm totally making up the spelling of her last name) out of Billerica and she was great.  My dress was two big when it came in and then  I worked with a trainer and lots a lot of inches.  I also had her make it more fitting through the hips.  She basically remade my dress.   I can't speak for Chris, I know lots of girls adore her, but Faye is another great option- and much more convenient location wise.
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh and as far as starting...  I my first fitting was at the beginning of Sept for my 12/12 wedding.  I went about every 3 weeks because so much kept having to be taking in.
    12/12/2009
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Could you ladies please send me some info about Chris? I have an appointment with her in a couple of weeks and I'd love to know some more about her style, pricing, and abilities before I walk in blindly.

Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lnarey--- would you mind sending me a message with Faye Carraher's contact information if you still have it? I can't seem to find it anywhere online.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Would anyone mind sharing the Chris O'Hare price info with me?  I'm doing something similar to October, but not sure about the prices.  Thank you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info about Fay and Chris... who knew finding a seamstress was going to be so hard! 
  • Options
    h+j6510h+j6510 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    would someone be willing to share faye's contact info with me, too?  thanks!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a little late her, but would anyone mind sharing with me as well. I have had friends who have used her but for basic stuff and my dress has a ton of detail and needs a good amount of work.  Thanks!
    TTD imageMy Bio
  • Options
    I'd like to jump on the bandwagon and ask about Chris O'Hare too. Pricing, general thoughts, and is there an email address for her? I would be looking to completely redesign my grandmother's dress, is that something she could do or does she only do fitting alterations?
  • Options
    Hi, I just had my gown altered by Chris. She did a fabulous job in shortening my wedding gown. I purchased a sample Casablanca gown (2017) online that had a way too long lace bottom and my mother was afraid that it could not be shortened at all. But Chris did an amazing job in shortening the lace trim and making it look like it just belonged there. And she did not charge Newbury Street prices either! Awesome, awesome, awesome! If you need to contact her do it by phone. Her number is on Yelp: http://www.yelp.com/biz/christine-o-hare-quincy
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards