Knottie Tech Help

Previous forum links are now broken

Something being changed by tech support it appears; my old bookmark:

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas

now says page not found.  I can't imagine any reason to intentionally break a link and then not put a redirect in its place, but who knows.

The current link appears to have changed to  http://forums.theknot.com/categories/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas

Figured I'd let someone know since it's probably going to unnecessarily annoy a lot of users.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

Re: Previous forum links are now broken

• NYCMercedesNYCMercedes member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    ^^ Old news. Go to your profile by clicking on your picture, above left. No more bookmarks.
  • ^^ Old news. Go to your profile by clicking on your picture, above left. No more bookmarks.
    And that helps you find the Las Vegas wedding board, how?

I was addressing bookmark links.
  • ^^ Old news. Go to your profile by clicking on your picture, above left. No more bookmarks.
    How is it old news?  I access the board several times per day and it was working until today, which means this was not an issue prior to today.  If the same 'update' has broken everyone's bookmarked links to their favorite boards, then that means a lot of people are going to be frustrated needlessly since a redirect to the new url would be automatic and quite simple for their site webadmin to implement.

• Hey Vegas, thank you for the heads up! Sending this over to the team that is doing our redirects.
  • Thank you for correcting me. I was thinking of when watched threads in the old format changed.
  • Old link working again; I forgot it had broken and am on my laptop now and it worked.

• @vegasgroom thanks for the update! @LingerLonger1 Will let the team know that those old links are still not redirecting.
  • Oops, now it's broken again; checking from a different computer where I hadn't updated my bookmark.

• edited July 2013
    @LingerLonger1 yes, that should make it easier for you while we complete our redirects.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards