Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Help finding a venue in PA

Hi!! I would love any recommendations from anyone who got married in PA... we are looking at venues in the Lancaster/Philly area; want the ceremony and reception to be outside; we are really trying to keep it to $100 total/person. I'm not sure if this is possible but does anyone have any recommendations? THANK YOU SO MUCH!
Chelsea

Re: Help finding a venue in PA

• Options
    1. Make sure you read the headers of each board so you know you're posting in an appropriate board (this board is for forum rules and tech issues). 

2. Look to the right of the screen where it says "Wedding Boards." Pick the drop down option for "Local Boards", find the right PA board, and post this there. These boards have brides from all over the world, so we won't be that helpful to you here. 
  • Options
    Hi Chelsea! I am moving this to our PA - Philly board. They should be able to help you.
  • Options
    Hi Chelsea, 

We were looking for outdoor venues too, we must have seen a dozen parks and B&B's.  It all depends on what exactly is important to you.  We have been very unlucky in weather so one of the top things on our list was an indoor space that we could easily transfer all the decorations into, style-wise.  (For example we were looking at the grounds of a mansion in a state park, but the inside was so fancy that I didn't think my boho outdoor wedding would look right in there).  We chose Tyler Arboretum in Media, PA because they have a permanent tent attached to the back of a barn so even if it does rain, we can still have a bit of the outdoors. And the decor is more of a blank slate, you can put your own things in there and not worry about the 200 year old candelabras not meshing correctly.   Heres their website: http://www.tylerarboretum.org/

If that's not exactly the right fit for you, I'd suggest using  http://partyspace.com/  they have a ton of venues on there and they have a follow feature that lets you see the calendars of the various venues and receive notifications when the date you're looking for either becomes available or is taken.

Congrats on your engagement and happy planning!!

Meghan
  • Options
    Try the Talamore country club in Ambler. I am paying $88 per head. But be aware they would like you to spend $18,000  for a saturday. So if you want a saturday wedding then nevermind, but if you dont care check them out. That is why I opted to get married on a friday. So my reception is less than 10,000
  • Options
    Hey Chelsea! We went to an outdoor wedding at The Warrington Country Club last summer and it was really beautiful. We are actually considering the venue ourselves for our 2014 wedding- and when we talked to wedding coordinator at the facility they talked about a 5-hour wedding special for only $69.50/person. I'm not sure how long this will last but the staff there is really helpful. http://www.warringtoncountryclub.com/
  • Options
    I got married at the Morris Arboretum on the border of Philly and Montgomery County. It was beautiful. You can look them up online. They have several packages that will fit your budget. Good luck. 

imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards