Illinois-Chicago

BYOB & BYOF Chicago & Chicagoland Venue Search

Hello All!

I am recently engaged and very excited to start planning. Although we are not getting married until September of 2014, I want to get a head star securing our venue. I am looking for a place that could serve our needs of the ceremony and reception in one location (if that s it possible close enough by will do). Because my fiancé and I love to cook and try different foods, we want this to be a part of our festivities. Outside caterers serves us better than the plated option and to be quite frank, our budget doesn't allow us to spend $70+ a plate. The buffet option will allow us versatility and affordability. Our overall budget is between $12-15K. I am hoping we can get the space, food and alcohol for between $5-7K. We are looking at about 100-120 ppl.

We are open to many if fervent locations throughout Chicago and Chicagoland. We would even consider WI but no further than Kenosha. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.

Re: BYOB & BYOF Chicago & Chicagoland Venue Search

• Try Kitchen Chicago.  It might fit the low end of your guest list.

http://kitchenchicago.com/
    photo bridalparty.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks so much. Will definitely check it out!
  • Absolutely check out Kitchen Chicago! That's were I got married, and in 2011 they did not have a preferred caterers list, and we were able to bring in our own alcohol (you just need to have a bartender--someone licensed to serve it--as opposed to say, rolling in a keg.)

You can find several pictures of the location on Pinterest if you are a member there, you search Kitchen Chicago.
  • Thank you. Ill look for the pics. Wasn't able to find anything other than the fact that they share the kitchen on the website. I will do a bit more digging
  • I am looking into Katherine Legge Memorial Park...they allow outside catering and BYOB.  Good luck!
  • The Keith House (prairieavenuegallery.com) let's you bring your own alcohol. It's beautiful, I'm getting married there in October. 
  • Check out Prairie Productions. Mike is the photographer that owns the studio and is amazing. Also check out Chef Regg at Reggie Ray's Catering 773-299-3160. He is very reasonable for weddings.
  • aekcaekc member
    First Comment
    I think the Highland Park Woman's Club is both BYOB and BYOF, and it's inexpensive, with plenty of parking.  With a $15k budget, that's one of the spots FI and I checked out before choosing a restaurant.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards