Nevada-Las Vegas

Gifts :: Parents & Wedding Party

What is everyone doing for gifts for parents, groomsmen and bridesmaids? I've been thinking forever and nothing seems good enough, I'm completely stumped!

Re: Gifts :: Parents & Wedding Party

• I didn't really think of gifts for the parents, not sure if we will do that. For my bridesmaids, I have just bought them an ivory pashmina shawl/scarf, which may come in handy in the evening in Vegas or on the bus. I am also paying for their hair the day of with Harmony Medina. I think I was going to draw the line there, but I saw some inexpensive, cute clutches that I am trying to find again off of Beyond the Rack. For our guys, we are getting them NFL football jerseys of their favorite team and player. We are all pretty big football fans and hope to go to a sports bar and take in some football on the Sunday of possible.
    Canadian Bride getting married at Mandalay Bay, Las Vegas on October 19th, 2013
  • For the parents we are getting embroidered handkerchiefs with a message and our wedding date on them. Look on Etsy, they have lots of great options! Not too sure what we are doing for the gentleman just yet. Maybe some cool cufflinks? For my 2 bridesmaids, I am paying for hair and makeup and than I am buying Pretty Plum Sugar robes for us to wear while getting ready. I thought it would make for some really nice pictures!
  • I second the etsy idea.  If you put in bridesmaid gifts or so on, all kinds of stuff comes up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting them a personalized jewelry box. and probably a necklace or a personalized (name) necklace I think... 
    Our wedding day also marks our 11th anniversary of being together :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2013
    Parents: Flight and hotel stay, handkerchiefs from Etsy

GMs: Personalized flasks (their monogram) plus their hair/shave the day of the wedding. FI is paying for their ties/pocket squares since we just asked them to wear a black suit that they already own.

BMs: Pandora charm bracelets with a couple of starter charms (their birthstone and a pair of dice) plus their hair/makeup the day of the wedding. I'm also paying for their dresses.
  • I think I am going to get these totes done for my closest ladies or my female family members.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/110650517/las-vegas-tote-bags-set-of-12?ref=col_view

• Parents: Flight and hotel stay, handkerchiefs from Etsy

GMs: Personalized flasks (their monogram) plus their hair/shave the day of the wedding. FI is paying for their ties/pocket squares since we just asked them to wear a black suit that they already own.

BMs: Pandora charm bracelets with a couple of starter charms (their birthstone and a pair of dice) plus their hair/makeup the day of the wedding. I'm also paying for their dresses.
    I love this.  Very generous!  Can I be in your wedding!
  • We are only having a MOH and a BM, MOH I'm paying for her hair and makeup to be done. Not sure about GM.
  • For BM's and MOH we'll be getting their jewelry to wear the day of and something else..possibly matching personalized robes :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Im getting personalised robes for mum and I to get ready in and im also getting mum a hanky that says
    Today a bride
    Tomorrow a wife
    Always your little girl
    With the wedding date embroidered.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

• I am getting all my BMs something personalized but different. I am spending the same amount on each of them though. I know that's not necessarily good etiquette but I like the idea of giving a gift that has personal meaning. I am paying for all their hair and makeup though.

Someone above mentioned Beyond the Rack and they have some great sales on pearl jewellery every so often. I got my sister a gorgeous pearl bracelet there (had it authenticated too) for probably half of what the same thing would cost in a jewellery store.
  • wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2013
    Parents: Flight and hotel stay, handkerchiefs from Etsy

I love this.  Very generous!  Can I be in your wedding!
    Haha. :) We'd budgeted the parents in because we knew they couldn't afford it. So we sacrificed in other areas to make sure we had enough money to buy their tickets and hotel rooms.

As for the GM and BM, we postponed our wedding for a year, and that ended up giving us some extra time to save money and make it special for everyone.
  • These are all great ideas!! :) thanks for the input everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards