Outdoor Weddings

Shoes: Anyone find a great pair of heels that can handle grass?

Our ceremony is outside, and between that and our photos I have to find shoes that won't sink into the grass. Would love to see yours!

Re: Shoes: Anyone find a great pair of heels that can handle grass?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_outdoor-weddings_shoes-anyone-find-a-great-pair-of-heels-that-can-handle-grass?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:666Discussion:27cb00d6-4624-45d8-adf7-c14144018c6dPost:8bd97d65-40cc-4080-b529-88788b0bc111">Shoes: Anyone find a great pair of heels that can handle grass?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our ceremony is outside, and between that and our photos I have to find shoes that won't sink into the grass. Would love to see yours!
    Posted by TheBaysideBride[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Have you tried the Solemates High Heeler?  It's a little cap that you put over you heels to prevent them from sinking in the ground.

</div>
  • Sole Mates are the way to go!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • vsgalvsgal member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    A wedge heel can also work.
    ROCK IS KING!!
  • I'm going with wedges this weekend, hope I don't sink!
  • edited April 2013

I am using Peter Fox Shoes, which make shoes in a huge variety.  The shoes I selected have a 'louis heel,' as you see. They are handmade in Italy - of Italian leather (soles) and silk or leather uppers, and can be custom dyed to match any fabric swatch (in case you wanted to look into them).  Here they are from the front and below that, a pair custom-dyed pink (I am doing mine wisteria blue-grey):

• for my wedding which is on grass, my bridesmaids and I are all wearing wedges...david's bridal has a dyeable wedge thats actually pretty cute.  My mom is going to try sole mates but I'm not thinking they are a great idea..plus even though they are clear, they aren't attractive...and if the ground is a little soft you are still going to dig in a little
  • I will be walking across some gravel, too, so I'm looking for a wedge around 2 3/4 inches high.
  • My wedding is outdoors and all the girls are wearing flat sandals and I am wearing flat beaded satin slippers. I dont want to worry about sinking into the ground or tripping and falling on uneven ground, and I will be comfortable all night!
  • AddieL73 said:
    Sole Mates are the way to go!

i agree

• jewely24jewely24 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I went with J. Crew's Mari in silver (they came in a few other colors and actually J Crew had a few others I was considering too).  They have a nice chunky heel that won't sink into the grass and I was afraid I'd break my ankle on the uneven grass in a wedge!  These are more than I'd pay for any pair of "regular" shoes, but I'll be able to wear them a lot after the wedding.  So between that and no broken ankles, I think they'll be worth it!

Edited for spelling....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards