Plus-Sized

under the dress help!

hello ladies, 
i need some advice/recommendations. My dress has a very low back so I need to find a backless and strapless bra. I am having a hard time finding something that will give me the needed support that will work with my dress. I am a D cup and, unfortunately, gravity has not been kind to me. despite my size, I have a hard time getting decent cleavage, even in push-up bras. I found a strapless, backless bra but it is really not all that great. it doesn't stick well and of course doesn't support well at all. I have also tried the straps that pull the back lower for regular bras but it is not low enough and will show. I have a little bit of room on the dress that I could easy fill out with the proper undergarments. I am trying to avoid getting it taken in if possible because I will lose some of the beading on the dress.

The seamstress suggested I get something to stick to the sides of my breasts as well to help push me up where I need to be to make the bust of the dress look as good as possible. I am having trouble finding something that will work for this. Maybe this could work if she puts a bra in the lining of the dress and i wear the pushup i already have as well? 

I don't know...i'm frustrated and thinking aloud. Any suggestions, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Re: under the dress help!

• I would suggest you find a REAL bra store; they do exist, but they can be hard to find.  Speak to the experts there; they ought to be able to help you if they know their business.  Good luck!
  • My dress is corset style and I don't need a bra, however, I did want the UMPH!!!  I found these cups at Target that are sticky on the outside.  I haven't tried it with my dress yet, I'm going to take them with me to my first fitting, and see what they look like.  They were like $17 and if they work I'm going to be sooo excited!!  If not, I'm going to ask the seamstress about adding push up cups to the dress.

Good luck!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • My dress was corset and I had cups put in  I didn't have anything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards