Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Boudoir photography location

So I know a girl who is a photography grad who will be taking some sexy photos of me and another friend of mine who is getting married this fall. Our photographer is very talented but does not have her own studio to take these pictures. Does anyone have any ideas for beautiful boudoir photography locations (hotels, b&b, etc.) and any that are cheap or that you know would cut us a deal for only using the room for a few hours and not actually staying the night? I don't want to pay for a full nights stay if we will only be there for a few hours. I'm sure other DFW brides have run into the problem of wanting to take the pics in a more romantic location so I am looking for suggestions and advice. Any and all advice is welcome!!! Thanks!!

Re: Boudoir photography location

• I love the Stoneleigh for boudoir but I know there is a charge. I had mine done at the Belmont but my photographer arranged it. I have no idea how you go about arranging it but maybe someone else will.
  • I think the NYLO is also popular for boudoir.

I think it tends to fall to the photographer to make the arrangements...  Hopefully she has some connections!
    Anniversary

• Thanks so much! Also, has anyone used Picaboo for any type of photo book. We are using our engagement pics in a photo book for our guest book and then I was going to use them for my boudoir. I've seen good reviews but I was just wondering if anyone here has used them. 

Any other tips, locations, poses, advice, etc before my boudoir would be great.  Thanks again
  • I used Blurb for both my guest book and B-pics and was really happy with both. You can Google photography blogs to see different looks and poses. It's a really fun experience so just relax and have fun with it.
  • I LOVE Blurb - I think they do the best job out there for photo books. 

A few years ago, one of my friends and I did boudoir pictures and split the photog rate and room rate, and it was super awkward to call and ask for rooms for a couple hours - I think we ended up paying the full rate because they were pretty skeptical (Westlake Inn in California), but they did let us check in early, so I can't really complain.  I would tell you to try and find rooms that have more natural light and windows for prettier pictures... :)
  • I did my pics at the M Group in McKinney (it's a part of the Cotton Mill), and it was $50 for an hour I think. There are chaise lounges and lots of furniture and natural lighting. It was a great budget-friendly option.

Here are some that were done there -I don't think she ever posted my album.

• Thank you so much for your help!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards