August 2013 Weddings
Options

grand exit

What have you ladies decided to do for either your ceremony exit (guest throwing/waving/making noise, etc) and/or your end of the night exit?
I have a church ceremony so we can't throw and the last two weddings we went to did bells and bubbles... any other ideas?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: grand exit

• Options
    After the ceremony we are just going to do a receiving line with the two of us only right away. That way we won't have to be stressed about making sure we find everyone at table visits. I don't think we're going to do a reception exit; our reception has to end at 11pm, and we'll be there til the bitter end!
  • Options
    We are doing the exact same thing as @Xstatic3333
  • Options
    For our ceremony exit we're doing the traditional bubbles.  We're not having a reception exit since we'll also be there until the end.  We're just going to hop on the last shuttle back to the hotel with our guests.
  • Options
    I'm not planning on doing anything, is that bad??
  • Options
    No I don't think it's bad...I'm leaning towards that too because it's basically one more thing to spend $ on that people are going to throw away. I saw these - http://offbeatbride.com/2009/11/yay-wedding-flag which are kinda cute but it might be too much effort at this point
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ok I don't feel so bad now :)  The only thing I saw and liked was sparklers.  were having an evening wedding so I thought it might be nice... and cheap lol.  I will probably decide this right before the wedding and pick them up somewhere in Florida.
  • Options
    I don't think were planning on anything either..
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    we're not doing a receiving line or a grand exit. Our hotel has a shuttle that will pick up all of the guests and take them back, so we'll be riding that with everyone staying at the hotel.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Ok I don't feel so bad now :)  The only thing I saw and liked was sparklers.  were having an evening wedding so I thought it might be nice... and cheap lol.  I will probably decide this right before the wedding and pick them up somewhere in Florida.

I love sparklers! I wish they weren't illegal in MA.
  • Options
    we're not doing a receiving line or a grand exit. Our hotel has a shuttle that will pick up all of the guests and take them back, so we'll be riding that with everyone staying at the hotel.
    We are also doing this. After the ceremony, we won't have time to do a receiving line, and we will be at our reception until the bitter end (and possibly helping my family pick up the table decorations), so we will just be catching the hotel shuttle. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    sparklers are illegal in some places?!?!  Had no idea!
  • Options
    I'm not planning a grand exit. Our ceremony and reception are in the same location and we're staying at the reception until the end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

sparklers are illegal in some places?!?!  Had no idea!

Yes. I love my home state but its really puritanical sometimes. All the neighboring states have them so people use them anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards