October 2012 Weddings

Confession Thursday

Lets hear those deep dark secrets ladies. 
Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Confession Thursday

• I confess that I want to flip out on FMIL over the color of a shirt. She offered to buy FIs white button up shirt for the ceremony. My dress is ivory and white. All the GM will have on white shirts. When she asked whether we wanted white or off-white for FI, we said white. She shows up yesterday with an off-white shirt.

I know this doesn't matter. This is a completely irrational thing to be upset over. I haven't had a meltdown yet, and the color of a stupid shirt just might push me over the edge!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am an emotional mess with wedding in 9 days, AF is here... and I almost cried at every country song on the radio this morning.  Also watching HIMYM with all the leaving at the alter crap made me paranoid! 

I need wine... and a bath... maybe a massage.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I confess that I am crushed about the pictures that FFIL took at the shower.  None of the ones I’m in turned out well.  I don’t know why I thought these pictures would be different (most of the pictures he takes are not that great), but I don’t think anyone else too pictures.  Now I don’t have any good pictures to commemorate the day.

I also confess that I cannot motivate myself to write thank you notes for gifts received at the shower.  I know I need to just sit down and do them, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.  What makes it worse is that we keep getting wedding presents in the mail and I need to do those too.  TOO MANY THANK YOU NOTES!  All this makes me feel ungrateful for the wonderful gifts people are giving me.

• if someone says "you're too skinny" or "you need to fill out your wedding dress" or anything even close to that ONE MORE TIME I'm probably going to cry. or want to scream.

i can't help that i'm thin and i don't like hearing deragatory comments like that! my dress fits perfectly, thanks very much.  an yeah, i'm skinny but i also have a curves. 
  • edited September 2012
    I just wish the wedding was over and it was just my F and me verses the whole world.

ETA: I'm also tired of the question "Are you ready?" Uh, yeah. I was ready to marry him when he asked me. I wouldn't have said yes otherwise. Maybe they're asking are the details ready? In that case, I don't really care. 

I'm also tired of the question "Are you excited?" Uh, duh. 
    Anniversary
  • I confess that I was a heinous b*tch to FI last night and picking a fight out of frustration with him over something little (he didn't like the gift tags I bought for his groomsmen gifts), and was being really nasty and using some low blows. Ugh. I'm really ashamed.

And then last night I had a dream that I was SO MAD at FMIL for saying that we were being dumb by not having tasted our wedding cake beforehand. Like, not speaking to anyone mad. And when i woke up this mornign I was like, "Gee, lehc, you are overreacting. Take a chill pill."

So basically, I confess that I need to dial back the b*tch a bit.
    Anniversary
  • I confess I keep  looking at the weather because today it says 69 and sunny again (yesterday it said rain... Tuesday sunny).  I'm not stressing, just like looking at 6 Oct and a BIG SUN!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my 2012 shelf:
    Amanda's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (2012 shelf)
  • I confess that I am completely surprised that FI's mom had plane tickets for our wedding.  I didn't think that she was ever going to get them. 

I also confess that I can't stop daydreaming about leaving for FL next week and then going to Antigua.  I just got butterflies think about it .  :)
    Anniversary imagemy read shelf:
    Cathy (CathyL7910)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I confess, I'm sad my sister is not coming to the wedding. Originally I wasn't going to invite her and then I did and she was going to come and bring my niece and nephew. Although I never really felt she would come and new that until I saw her it could go either way. Well she emailed yesterday to say she can't come. She has legitimate reasons and I'm kind of sad/relieved at the same time!
  • I confess that I am realllllllllly freaking out about FI not working, and know that 1) it hasn't been that long and 2) it really will be ok. But I feel bitter! I don't like this feeling.

I also confess I am LIVID at this punk kid. Yes, I am happy I filed assualt and battery charges. Furthermore, when I left the police station and arrived at work - I had a call from my apartment complex. Another resident brought her niece in - whom has a very vulgar nasty letter signed with my son's first and last name (mis-spelled) and apartment number (wrong one). Neither the girl, nor her aunt, believe it is from my son - both said he is bullied relentlessly on the bus and asked if the apartment complex could have our security patrol at the bus stop to protect him! I so badly want to find that child on my own. Beat him with my cane. Bring it, punk.
    ~~Mendi~~ ...Everyone has their price; mine's chocolate Photobucket
  • It's 9 days until the wedding and its up in the air if one of my bridesmaids is going to show up or not. Our friendship has been on the rocks the last few months. She'd been complaining about everything wedding related, but mainly her dress not fitting like she thought it should. We talked 3 weeks ago and cleared the air. Me getting married has been hard on her in general so I let her know if she didn't want to stand up that would be fine. She assured me she'd make the dress work and be there but her actions have spoken louder than her words. I don't even know how I feel about our friendship anymore. If she shows up its bound to be awkward. If she doesn't show up I think I'll feel relieved and I hate to admit it but a little disappointed. I've been trying to act like I don't care because honestly she's acted incredibly immature but she was a very close friend so the hurt is still there.
  • I confess that I am so beyond frustrated with my bms. MOH is just plain useless. She doesn't care about anything since this isn't her wedding. I know that no one will ever be as excited for a wedding as the bride is, and that I should cut her some slack but she is my sister for crying out loud. She hasn't has anything to do with anything about the wedding, was the last to get her dress and has gotten drunk at ever wedding related affair. FSIL is the only one who hasn't gotten her shoes and I'm annoyed considering I asked the bms to get them in January. BM1 does NOT fit into her dress, it did when she tried it on a few months ago, yesterday I had to spend all day on the phone with differents DBs in the US (i'm from Canadai) I finally found one, had to get it shipped to the closest Canada/US border and need to now go pick it up on Sunday, and then try and return the other dress. BM2 only complains about how she doesn't like the other BMs and she is the only one doing the work. Ugh!
  • I just really want to call off the wedding and just sign the marriage license when we go and get it tomorrow. I want all the drama to end and hopefully the feeling that I am just pissing everyone else off will end.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I sincerely regret not eloping, that i'm not excited about my wedding, and that I feel like i'm throwing a gigantic family reunion party that i'll be graded on. I confess that i'm deeply disappointed that I tried so hard to please everyone, to the point where it's not even a party I care about. And I confess I wish I was in hawaii.
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

• I confess that I have the best MOH EVER!!!!!!!  Without her, all my DIY projects would still be unfinished.  She has gone with me on every DB trip (willingly and wanting to go), we distroyed her kitchen with DIY projects.  We have filled up part of her basement with wedding supplies.  And with all this said she is not biologically family, but i do consider her like a sister.  For her being so cool and doing so much stuff, my FI and I were selling her a bass guitar, and we decided to give it to her as her MOH gift....cause she is so freaking cool!!!!!!
  • edited September 2012
    I confess that I'm really pissed at my SIL. My brother offered a month ago to pay for the rental chairs for the ceremony. I mentioned to SIL (also my MOH) that I hadn't heard anything else from him about it and he's out of town on business until the day before. She proceeded to call him, and tell him he needed to tell me that they can't afford it. This after she told me multiple times that they'd help me out with some of the expenses because they knew what our financial situation is (FI switched jobs in August, doesn't get his first paycheck til end of October so we've had to cut our budget more than in half) and now she's backed out on every single one of them that she or my brother offered to pay originally.

I'm mainly stressing over money right now. With having to pay for the rental chairs, we had to pull money we'd budgeted for the honeymoon and now we're trying to come up with how to pay for the rental car for a week.

I'm at the point I feel like the PP, I wish we'd gone with our original plan (a step above eloping) and I really don't care about anything anymore except that I don't want people standing at the ceremony.
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I confess I really resent that FMIL decided to throw us a secondary party for us. FI has some family who physically and legitmately can't make the trip. When FMIL first pitched the idea it was supposed to be something small for them so they could celebrate with us. At Christmas she was asking nearly all the family if they'd come to it.  Fastforward to now. Nearly all of FI's family is declining the actual wedding because they can just see us at the Pittsburgh party. FI told her this would happen.  I wish we had told her she could only invite the aunts and uncles who couldn't actually come to the wedding for health reasons and not give everyone else an opportunity/excuse to not come.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited September 2012
    I confess that I'm so sick of FSIL trying to steal the spotlight from FI and myself. Can't she just be happy for her brother and me and let us have our day?!
    photo 8772_10102412474713255_135784916_n.jpg
  • I confess to feeling really guilty that I didn't invite any of my coworkers to the wedding. They have been awesomely supportive; they're throwing me a bachelorette party tomorrow night and sprung a surprise bridal shower on me at lunch today. But I work in a huge office, over 40 people, and it would have completely nerfed my budget to start inviting them. It would have been logistically and financially impossible, and I stand by the decision, but I still feel bad about it. :
    October 2012 December Siggy - A Favorite Wedding Photo image
  • I confess I've been playing "dress up" with my wedding ring.  I can't wait to wear it :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited September 2012
    RSVPs. I need not say more. I will be so glad when I can check that off the list.

Also several other ladies in my life getting married in December and it all the sudden hit me today how irritated I am that their invites/shower invites/etc. are starting to appear in my mailbox. It all started when an small envelope looking just like one of my RSVPs came and I tore it open without looking at the front and it was and invite to my cousins SECOND shower. I got SO mad. This is all super selfish, I am aware. I had this silly delusion that they might wait until after my wedding to send their stuff out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess that I have lost my motivation.. with 9 days to go.. and my decorations and boutineers still waiting to be made.. I just want it to be the reception and have it over with!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards