August 2013 Weddings

Seriously???

Ok, maybe I am overreacting, but here goes. You all may remember me posting before about GM's dragging their feet... Well, so far GM #1 paid for his suit, GM #2 won't have the money till August, our wedding is August 10th. He wants to borrow it till than, and BM can't pay for his at all. Am I wrong in thinking, we are paying for this wedding ourselves, and money is very tight right now, how can they find this acceptable????
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seriously???

• doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I have one BM (groom's sister) that hasn't gotten a dress yet.  I've given her at least 10 different ideas of places to get one off the rack since it's too late to order.  She has until I have to give the final numbers to the florist and then she's a guest.  I'm not stressing about it.  I'd tell FH to tell the groomsmen that there is NO extra money just laying around and that you understand if they can't do it financially and you'll see them all there as guests and be done with it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I agree with @doubleSS07 if they can't get what they need then they just won't be in it, they will simply be a guest. It's not fair for people to add pressure to you so last minute.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • He got everything squared away with his brother this afternoon. His brother is going to make it work, as for BM, he has bee nothing but issue after issue.. FI messaged him and said if you can't pay for your own, I can't either...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Im glad you got everything figured out!  Our groomsmen tux's wont be in until the Thrusday(Aug 1)before our wedding(Aug 3) so I hope they all fit. They also dont pay for them until they pick them up, they had to put a down payment of $20 but the other payment of $250 is due when they pick them up. While the place says if they need to be altered more they can do it within that time frame but its cutting it super duper close.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeesh!

I agree with the ladies above, give them a timeline and if they can't meet it, then they are guests instead of being in the wedding party. 

If it makes you feel any better, we paid for 5 people for our destination wedding who are now telling us they "may" come.  Nothing like wasting money...

• Yeah that's frustrating. I would be more sympathetic if he'd told you early on he couldn't afford it. I'd be kind and forgiving about it but you don't need to give him the money if you can't.
  • Yeah that's frustrating. I would be more sympathetic if he'd told you early on he couldn't afford it. I'd be kind and forgiving about it but you don't need to give him the money if you can't.
    We have been more than patient with him. You would not believe the drama that has been caused because of his FI and her cousin. The cousin is my FI's ex and she defines psycho. We would have no problem paying, if we had it. We just ran into some unexpected costs, like the almost $500 I had to pay for alterations :( His lack of communication and attitude make me think that his own FI is being less than nice about it all.. If I told you ladies the whole story, about the last few months you would wonder why we even bother with the man, but he has been my FI's friend for about 16 years, and FI is a very forgiving man.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards