California-San Diego

Leonesse Cellars in Temecula

Has anyone been married there?? FI and I checked it out and we fell in love, read all the online reviews we could but would like to hear a personal story if possible.

Re: Leonesse Cellars in Temecula

• edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Leonesse at the end of April 2011. My friend got married there two years ago and it was GORGEOUS! We picked Leonesse since it's different than the other Temecula vineyards, it is exclusively ours (no other weddings or events happening at the same time), there are a ton of different options as far as ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception locations, plus they offered a 10% discount on the entire wedding for joining Leonesse's wine club- perk- the wine is GOOD!! Laura, the wedding coordinator at Leonesse is very knowledgable and open to changing and trying new things instead of doing the same ol' routine. Our package included linen (napkin & table cloth) color options. We upgraded to pintuck for half the price of normal rental costs. Let me know if you need more info! I'll share more once the wedding comes and goes.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have anything to add, except I am SO jealous!!  I was dreaming of getting married there months before I got engaged.  It is SO beautiful!!!  Logistically it did not work out for us, but I am sure you will have a wonderfully, gorgeous wedding!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YES. Thanks Carebeth. We saw 3 different vineyards down there and Leonesse stuck out in our minds. We were fantasizing about it at every other place. We love that it's exclusive. Some of the others were going to have other weddings happening or the restaurant open and that wasn't something we wanted. I had forgotten about the wine club discount, thanks for mentioning it! Laura is great! We met some lady coordinators that just were too pushy for us. Thanks for your story and I would love to hear more as the process moves along. Good luck as things progress!!

Luvbug, you are SO right! It is gorgeous. One of the main reasons we chose a winery wedding was the location. We were fortunate to find out about the place!

Thanks ladies! I hope things go well for both of you!
  • I got married here in 2011. It is gorgeous. Everyone love it...BUT beware, if you are looking for a nice, warm, understanding event manager, this is not the place. The event manager at Leonesse is not flexible about anything - the way the set-up is, where things are placed, etc. It is only her way (or the "typical" way they do things there) or no way. I asked for many things to be set-up a certain way, and when I got there on the day of, nothing had been done the way I wanted it. I really could go on and on about so many issues I had with her....Also, be careful when you get invoices. Make sure you triple check the math and that they are using the orginal quote numbers they gave you. I had many issues of with all of my invoices...With this all said, I will say the place is gorgeous and my guests LOVED it!!!
  • I also just began looking at venues and Leonesse really stood out to me. I have yet to go out and look at the property but the pictures look great. I know that it says pricing ranges from $85-125 not including the bar package. I'm planning a Feb 2014 wedding and I believe some places offer an off season discount. Jjsmith- would you be willing to tell me how much the venue/reception ended up costing you and for how many people? I'm wondering hiw flexible they are with their pricing...any info woukd be appreciated! Thanks so much!
  • I would appreciate any info any has on this place too! I am looking for Sept 2014 and I just cant find any info on pricing besides what Bathanb44 found
  • msrollin01msrollin01 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I would love to hear more about anyone's experience working with the staff, and flexibility. My fiance and I plan to marry in August 2013. We were also looking at Los Willows, but the pricing may be not be in our budget.
  • I was recently married at Leoness and I would highly recommend it to everyone! I was in awe from the moment I saw the view but it wasn't until I met Laura, the wedding manager that I knew I had to be married here. She was so knowledgeable and organized and wasn't pushy like the other places. Laura seemed to really care about our wedding and was so helpful throughout the whole process. She always had a hug for me, which every stressed out bride could use. The entire staff that day was amazing. The winery is gorgeous and the food was great too! They exceeded my expectations. Truly phenomenal!
  • edited July 2013
    I had the wedding of my dreams at Leoness!  The property is breathtaking and the ceremony site sits on top of a hill overlooking the vineyards and surrounding hills.  We had the whole winery to ourselves...we were the only event!  Our day of Coordinator, Mary, was great as was the rest of the staff! We absolutely loved Laura, the Manager, she took great care of us from beginning to end! Laura and her team did an amazing job. I can't thank them enough! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards