Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Wedding Insurance

Hi ladies! I am curious if anyone has purchased wedding insurance. If so, who did you get it from? I'm not sure if getting insurance (from like WedSafe) is necessary.

Re: Wedding Insurance

• What do you think you need wedding insurance for? Most venues/churches carry their own insurance in case something were to happen the day of your event. Check your contracts.
  • My biggest concern is that someone will drink & drink, get into an accident and someone will try to sue us. We do have a RAMP certified bartender but we are providing all of the alcohol for the reception.
  • They can't sue you - they should be responsible adults when they decide whether to get behind a wheel of a car and drive intoxicated.  You just need to be sure you aren't serving minors.  It's a wedding. People drink at weddings.  
    I've never heard of a B&G getting wedding insurance before.
  • A couple venues we looked at actually require it. I guess you can put it on a homeowner's policy for like an extra $50 or so? I've also heard it can be like $175...not sure
  • We are required to have insurance (Heinz History Center), and it was added on for some fee to my FMIL's home insurance. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards