August 2013 Weddings
Options

Groomsman dropped out 1 month till wedding

OMG I'm so pissed right now! Most of the groomsmen have been slacking but this has been the slowest and finally my fiance asked him, if he was actually going to make it. ( He lives out of state) 
FInally he said today that he isn't going to make it! Less than 1 month till the wedding! We've already ordered him an engraved gift and everything! I am BEYOND irritated!! 
HELP

Re: Groomsman dropped out 1 month till wedding

• Options
    That sucks, I'm sorry. Your FI must be very hurt. There's really nothing to do (I wouldn't replace him or anything) but be the bigger person and move forward. Depending on the circumstances FI can decide how to handle the friendship.
  • Options
    People seriously suck. You and your FI must be very hurt & annoyed. I'm sorry this happened to you :( 
  • Options
    We had a groomsmen drop out a couple months ago and a bridesmaid who dropped out a month ago, so our party is still even, and we hadn't bought gifts yet. I do understand your frustration, though. It absolutely sucks that he did this to you and your FI. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We actually just had a GM drop out as well, exactly 4 weeks before the wedding. My FI is pretty bummed and a little frustrated, but overall I'm proud of the way he's handling it. He initially wanted to 
    "replace" him, but ultimately decided it's not a big deal, which I'm glad about. I wish I could do something to help him feel better about this specific thing, but the show goes on! 

The best thing you can do, like Xstatic said, is to be the bigger person and move on. But trust me, I feel your pain.
  • Options
    I completely understand how you feel.  We had a bridesmaid drop out on us (it's actually my fiance's sister) and we had paid for her dress.  Now we're just going with uneven sides...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We have had issues with FI's BM from the beginning... you may have read previous posts. Well, FI and BM made peace and then he said he couldn't be in it, if we didn't pay for his tux. Well, we said we couldn't afford it, and he dropped out. I feel he has been looking for a way out for months, and he finally found it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It happens, really, it won't affect your Wedding at all.  We have to remember that this is OUR day and not THEIR days.  It simply isn't as important to them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had anyone drop out yet but I have a feeling that FI's sister might end up considering she still has no dress.  I'm ok with it though..I already have more girls than he has guys so it's not a super huge deal.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We have had issues with FI's BM from the beginning... you may have read previous posts. Well, FI and BM made peace and then he said he couldn't be in it, if we didn't pay for his tux. Well, we said we couldn't afford it, and he dropped out. I feel he has been looking for a way out for months, and he finally found it.
    This was actually the situation with the BM that dropped out of ours. We purposely picked an inexpensive dress and gave the BP free reign on shoes, hair, jewelry, etc. just so it wouldn't be expensive for them, but crap happens. We just have to remember that we will survive it. It's only one day. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    With FI, I know his feelings are hurt, he reminded ex BM for 3 months. With everything else that transpired, I know it has to do with his own FI and her cousin, who is my FI's ex. She wanted to marry him, and he said f*** no, so I'm sure us getting engaged and married within a year and three months was a slap in her face, and her actions have proved she's trying purposely to cause trouble.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards