August 2013 Weddings
Options

Name Change

Who is changing their name? Anyone keeping their name? 

Just thinking about the name change process has me a little nervous. Here is Manitoba we have to apply for a Marriage Certificate after the wedding takes place before you can change your last name. So I am planning on mailing the application the day after the wedding (The day we leave for our month long honeymoon) so hopefully the Marriage Certificate will be done by the time we get back so I can start the name change process.... 

Re: Name Change

• Options
    I am changing my name but not until after the honeymoon(which is 2 weeks after the wedding) because I won't have time or patients to deal with paying and getting a new passport. But once were back in the US I will be changing my name!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I am changing mine, but I haven't really looked into the process much yet simply because we aren't going on a honeymoon until April, so I won't have to worry about doing it around that. I'll probably start my research on it this weekend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We are both hyphenating, and we really need to start looking in to it because I know his will probably be a pain!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Lyds85Lyds85 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    im changing my name to his last name. I was wondering the same thing... where do I start lol
  • Options

I'm changing my last name to his (but i get to keep my initials since its the same haha) We are taking our honeymoon Jan / Feb but took a few days off after the wedding - so i hope i'll be able to kick off the process

I've seen a service advertised: "From Miss to Mrs" i think it gives you all the paperworks and the timeline of what to change first - its $30 i'll prob look into that to help me :)

Anniversary

Vacation
  • Options
    I'm not changing mine.  His is, well, weird...  It's like two normal words squashed together like Featherbottom, but that's not actually it.  I get called by my last name at work,, so I'm sticking with what I have
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll be changing mine.  The process is pretty easy.  You just take a copy of your marraige certificate to social security for them to change your name and then you go to DMV for your license.  The hard part I've heard is going through all of yur accounts and changing your name.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm changing mine also Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'm changing mine, but won't change it until probably mid-September because we're not leaving for our honeymoon right away and I just won't have time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    140 invited -- 118 are ready to party! -- 27 can't make it

• Options

Hey railway, do you happen to have the website where you found all your name change info?  I'm changing my last name and have no clue where to start.

To complicate the process I am also marrying in Florida so no actual marriage certificate will actually be filed in MB???

This process makes my head hurt lol.

• Options
    thank you!!!!
  • Options
    I'm changing as well and looking forward to my new name.
  • Options
    I'm changing mine the day after we get back from the honeymoon since I will have the day off work. All you need is to go to the SS office with a copy of the marriage certificate and 2 forms of ID. Then you can change it on a new license at the DMV. All the small stuff with be the pain.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Neither of us is changing our name.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards