Outdoor Weddings

Needing a Way to Hide

Hello,

My semi-formal wedding will be at a large local park that features an older wooden stage (where the ceremony will take place), a large parking lot, playground, and pavilion with small bathrooms.  In a church wedding, the bride has walls and doors to hide behind so that the groom and guest do not see the bride until the appropriate time. I have a problem with my venue, There is no way to hide with out adding something to the scenery. I am not against this, I just do not know what to do. I was thinking that behind the seating area, I coule make stands from PVC pipe (painted a cute color), connect them with a high line of fishing line or something stronger, the hang the fabric strips or streamers from it. What do you all think? I am attaching a Google Maps areal view of the park. 

Thanks!

Brittney

Re: Needing a Way to Hide

• You have a very similar set-up to our park wedding.

Your idea sounds like it could work, but might be more trouble than you would prefer to deal with. You'd need supports along the line, otherwise it would just sag in the middle and pull the stands over.

I've seen  cute pics of weddings with salvaged doors at the beginning of the aisle, but I'm not sure how the logistics of that would work.

For me, simple was better: we made me a tent. It sat behind the seating area, near the beginning of the aisle, and gave me a place to hang out before the ceremony, as well as preserved a graceful entrance for me (No one wanted to see me try to climb out of a car halfway across the park, then tromp through the parking lot before starting my walk). We took a plain blue tailgating tent, added sheets and curtains in our wedding colors for sides and called it a day.  For a more polished look, you could use matching curtains, but I'm really into the shabby-chic, mismatched style.

I also added a silly "No Grooms Allowed" sign, and took some fun pictures in/with it. Here's a posed shot of H and I, and a great candid of me peeking out at my H.

Hope this helps!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • haha I actually thought of doing something similar to the tent too! But, my mom looked at me like I was crazy when I told her the idea. Cute pictures btw!

• hmm... I am thinking maybe doing that, and attaching my streamer Idea, or the paper flowers I will have in my decor, to just white sheets... I guess now to check with FH and see his opinion. Then, see if we have any friends that have one we can borrow. :)
  • OOOHHH I like that Gazebo!
  • Great idea! that will look really nice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I have the same problem, the tent idea is great!
  • I am having that problem too thanks

• I'm still deciding if I want everyone to see me or not!! I definitely like the tent idea though!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards