Luxury Weddings
Options

Event Designers

Hi all,

I just got engaged this weekend so am just starting the planning process.  I want to do the bulk of wedding planning on my own so don't want a wedding planner, but am thinking of hiring an event designer to come up with a decor theme and execute it for us.  I was wondering if anyone has done this and can give me an idea of what they paid?  I am willing to pay for quality products and services, but don't want to pay something unreasonable for the actual work being put in.  I live in NYC so expect the costs to be on the higher side, but just wanted to get an idea.  

Thanks.

Re: Event Designers

• Options
    I've been browsing design companies in Chicago which is a similar market. I recommend you just really do your homework on what you want and what you need. That will control your cost. I've seen event planners who will help you source other vendors and then do the day of set up and run of the show for as little as a few thousand dollars all the way up to full service that is as much as you want to write a check for. Most firms will be really honest with you on a price range if you are clear about what you want. I've done several emails explaining what I want and my price range and they've been great at saying "yes we can" or "you really may need to $xxx to your budget"
  • Options
    I'm way too much of a control freak to ever have a designer, but I wanted to say I LOVE your screen name !!! I have 4 kitties and just love them to death!

• Options
    We're doing something similar, but with day of coordination. It's costing us $4,000, so I would think for just design it would be about $3,000. Our coordinator is based in NJ.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Thanks for the info.  I had gotten a quote for design from $10k to $15k, and though the company's work looks really excellent from their portfolio, I thought that was a bit much when that's really for ideas/consultation and set up day of, and then you pay for the cost of all the materials, flowers etc on top of that.  If that included the cost of the flowers, lighting etc in that price I could see doing it.

@CallaLily25 could you let me know the name of your event designer in NJ?  PM is fine if you don't want to post.

@Jells2dot0 we have 3 feline furbabies.  Cats are really special little creatures. :)

• Options
    When I started planning the vow renewal I contacted several event designers, some were referred to me by a couple of high end wedding photographers whom I also contacted. I'd be happy to share their names and info in you want, PM me anytime!
  • Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!! :)

I can't speak to the NYC market, but the cost is going to be
    super variable based on the theme you want, how big your wedding is, how extravagant, location, etc. Honestly, I would nail down your guest list and venues first - I guarantee when asking for quotes, you will be asked for this information. Then do your homework and negotiate with them. Everyone is fighting for business so know what their competitors charge and use it to your advantage.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    I had one. It didn't quite work out as I thought it would. Be sure to PM me if you are looking at people from NJ. 
  • Options
    HI 

I am wedding coordinator however, I have many designers whom I work with that bring the physical decor for the event..  As a day of coordinator, I will communicate with all of the vendors. I make sure they arrive on time and everything is going as planned. 

Let me know if you are still looking!
    www.rsvpby.com

You are not allowed to advertise on these forums.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards