Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Anyone ever had airbrushed makeup?

So I found a place that specializes in airbrushed makeup for brides. I have never heard of this. I was wondering if anyone had ever used it and how well it holds up?

Re: Anyone ever had airbrushed makeup?

• I did a trial run for airbrushed makeup recently. I liked the way it looked, but my face felt kinda stiff.... not sure if I'm gonna go for it for the wedding or not.
  • Airbrush looks great, especially in pictures, and it lasts a really long time... IF they artist knows what they are doing.  I know a lot of artists who don't do it because it's a little tricky to get the shading, contouring, coloring, etc. just right.  But when they know what they're doing it looks fabulous.  I, personally, don't mind the feeling of wearing a lot of make-up, but I can see how it might feel "heavy" to someone who doesn't wear a lot. The only thing I would suggest is to make sure it's waterproof. Most airbrush make up isn't (even though you'd think anything having to do with weddings would be!) and it will come right off if it gets wet. The last thing you want on your wedding day is a white streak down your face because you didn't catch a tear before it fell down your cheek!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

you might want to read through previous threads. The pros and cons have been discussed hundreds of times.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • OP you need to find a MUA that knows what they are doing if you are going the airbrush route.  Airbrush makeup should not look or feel heavy on your skin.  The point of airbrushing the makeup on is to have even coverage with the smallest amount of makeup possible.

I had airbrush done for my wedding.  The MUA used it only for foundation and concealor.  All other makeup (blush, bronzer, eyes, etc) was done with regular makeup.  My makeup stayed all day long.  We got married in July in Baltimore, MD and it was hot and humid.  My makeup stayed through me sweating and dancing and all.  I probably could have slept in my makeup and it still would have looked great the next day.  I highly recommend airbrush, but again you need to make sure you have someone who knows what they are doing.

• I had it done once as a bridesmaid. If it's done well (cannot stress how important it is to find a reputable MUA), it can stick around all day looking fabulous.

I, personally, didn't like it on me though since I don't wear a lot of makeup day-to-day. I felt very odd in it. Well, and FI didn't like it - so it's out for our wedding. I recommend getting a trial just to see how you feel in it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards