August 2013 Weddings
Options

BM Dropped Out and My List is Shorter

My BM informed me today (17 days until my wedding) that she's not coming. UGH. I knew this was going to happen, I just had a feeling, but definitely didn't expect the flood of emotions I had. It was definitely a friendship ending move, IMO. She didn't even call...it was done via e-mail.

Anyway, we got our marriage license yesterday! And, our guestlist is pretty much finalized. I have my FI and his mom's dance song figured out...so we're looking to be in pretty good shape at this point!

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: BM Dropped Out and My List is Shorter

• Options
    I'm sorry that she dropped out. Keep your head up and move forward :-). I believe anyone who wants to be there will truly be there and for some reason she obviously didn't want to be there and that's her loss. I know it's tough especially for your friendship but a true friend wouldn't drop out 1. So soon to your wedding and 2. Via email.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I'm sorry that sucks :(  One of my BM's is no longer and our friendship has ended as a result. I'm sorry you dropped out so close to the wedding, but believe me you are better off. Once me and my former BM parted ways I realized she was what was causing 99% of my wedding stress. You will will have an awesome bridal party who will love being apart of your wedding. You are SO close!!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

yes, at this point our friendship is over. I've deleted her off my FB and never replied to the initial email she sent me. This is likely for the better, it's still a hard pill to swallow.

After my amazing bridal shower and bachelorette weekend, it sucked to get an email like that yesterday. But, like you all said, there are lots of people that WANT to be at my wedding and involved in this important part of my life :)

Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm sorry that happened.  I also had a BM drop out but it was 3 months before the wedding.  She gave a sorry excuse and it was via text message. I was intially upset then was mad for a while but I got over it. We have not spoken since. My FI also had a GM drop out and I have no idea why. FI said it was because of his GF but IDK. We already had a small wedding party just my FI, BM and 1 GM then my MOH and 1 BM and me but now it's just the 4 of us. It's ok though we know the people who really care.  In the end it's a little bit less money you have to pay out of your pocket.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards