Ohio-Cincinnati

Need your advice! Budget fall wedding

Hi all!

Let me start off by saying a congrats to all fellow brides/brides to be :) I'm grateful for any and all help.

My fiance and I have been dating for 6 years. We met in high school in Cincy and were best friends, dated in college, now live together in Chicago. We are paying for the entire wedding ourselves and are truly trying to keep our budget between $10-12,000 as we are paying for EVERYTHING ourselves (I'm a nurse with quite a few student loans- bah). 

I have a guest list of 200- expecting maximum 150 (my mom is the second oldest of 15 siblings. I have 80 first cousins). I'm willing to compromise here to stay within budget.I can do one of two things here: An adult only wedding (this has NEVER been done in my family but I could get the guest list to about 90), or I could invite only immediate family and close friends and get a guest list as low as 35. We have 1-2 weddings a year so my aunts, uncles, and cousins may just have to get over it :) And honestly, I like the idea of having a more intimate wedding (advice on this is also appreciated).

Now, where to have it? I HAVE NO IDEA. We have explored a destination wedding (Hawaii, Jamaica, VI, and Mexico- don't think it's for me even though the fiance loved it), looked at venues in Chicago (TOO EXPENSIVE), looked at venues for larger events in Cincinnati (music hall, the phoenix, bell event center, longworth hall, the redmoor, the madison) and they were either too expensive or we didn't love them. 

We really prefer a place that isn't a typical ballroom. I would also love an outdoor space at the venue as well. Preferred date of next fall (2014) October-ish - LOVE LOVE LOVE fall. Important to be close to a hotel for easy commute for guests (thinking about having a shuttle for those who had been drinking).

SO I need either a cool, unique place for 90-150, or (I'm leaning towards) a small, intimate place ~35. Important that the venue has an outdoor area (preferably with a city view or trees) and important I can stay under my budget of MAXIMUM $12,000.

Thanks so much in advance for your help... cause I truly need it!! I feel like I'm gonna pull my hair out!

-Sarah

Re: Need your advice! Budget fall wedding

• My sister got married in Garfield place, Piatt park in November 2011. It was a beautiful fall day. Then had her reception at Via Vete down at Fountain Square. She had 31 people including she and her husband. They allowed them to have a cake brought in from Bonbonerie and my parents paid for the meal and full open bar. They had reserved the private room upstairs for 3 hours. I know for a fact that even with tip and all, my parents paid just under $2600.00 for all the food and drinks.
  • we are getting married at Aston Oaks in Cincinnati and its great pricing for fall weddings ( i got the discounts for winter weddings!) it is on a golf course so there are great picture locations and a great view of the river as well. I have a HUGE family too and we are having 200+ on the invite list! check it out, Lindsey is fantastic at her job there and really works to  get what you want
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards