Wedding Recap and Withdrawal
Options

QOTD 6/10

Re: QOTD 6/10

• Options

For me if it was cost effictive to do it for our wedding and I could do it I DIY'ed it. So for the most part i'd say that DIY is totally worth it! I love being crafty! :) I enjoy helping others in the same way too!

• Options
    Not worth it to me(just my opinion).It takes up to much time id rather pay the few extra $$ to not have to stress out or worry about getting it done.
  • Options

For me it depends on the item. Small things--yes. We DIY'd the invites, card box, ring pillow, etc. To me, this was all worth it because we could get it done well before the wedding and have it just the way we wanted. Also, it wasn't too stressful because these small elements didn't affect the entire wedding, and we knew that right along.

For bigger/more important things, IMO going with a pro is the way to go. I couldn't imagine DIYing something like the bouquets or cake--being up the night before the wedding tying flowers together and whipping up frosting isn't my idea of relaxing, but to each his own I guess.

imageimage
  • Options
    It depends on the project. A lot of knottie diy projects are unneccesary, imo. I wouldn't take the time to diy water bottle labels, aisle runners, favors because I don't really think they're needed. If i was patient enough I might have attempted to do the invites not to save money but to make it more personal. The things I diy'd were fairly simple and added a personal touch to the wedding and didn't cost me a lot of money or a lot of stress.
  • Options
    I agree with Amy completely-smaller items yes, larger things no. 

For example, smaller things like my favors, I did a candy buffet and the guests LOVED it, way more than a little thing to take home that they may never use again.  Also, I made our invitations.  it took a long time, but I saved over $600 and the guests were touched that each RSVP had their names printed on it!  They were so touched I took the time to make it special to them.  I also made the card box, the OOT boxes, the programs, etc. And felt it was all worth it.

The bigger things, such as the flowers, I am SO glad i left that to someone else to do.  One my wedding day that would have been the last thing I'd want to deal with!  Plus, his arrangements are far better than anything I could have made.  

I guess you just have to look at "how much money am I saving?" and "is it worth the time?" plus "If I do this, is it going to look like crap?"
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards