Nevada-Las Vegas

Meet & Greet 3-5pm?

FI and I have fallen in love with the 3rd floor patio and packages at hard rock cafe on the strip (between planet hollywood and MGM). We are thinking of moving our meet and greet from the Apex Suite to this venue. Works out about the same cost without the added stress of trying to let everyone know our suite number, cleaning up, 'sneaking in' catering and booze etc.

HRC has offered a reasonable minimum of $2000 ++ for our event if we hold it from 3 - 5pm which would include passed apps and beverage package for 40 guests (max capacity is 65 reception style). The meet & greet is the day after our huge bachelor/bachelorette parties so is 3pm too early for the party rockers?

So far I have:

Pros: Convenient location, outdoor patio, casual, leaves guests heaps of time to do their own thing that evening. DDB will be from 5 - 7 on wedding day for sunset strip views for guests. FI and I can have a 'date night' dinner after the meet & greet at a nice restaurant overlooking the strip sunset and maybe even catch a show.

Cons: Might be too early for late night revellers, miss out on sunset/night strip views.

As always, any advice/suggestions welcome.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Meet & Greet 3-5pm?

• I look at the meet and greet as a bonus to your wedding so do it when you can and works for you!  It's Vegas, baby!  Anything goes! 
  • I agree with @jennyjuice09 that a meet and greet is an extra bonus, so if it doesn't work out for everybody I wouldn't worry to much. If it is going to save you time and stress, that also makes it worth it. I think the time is great because depending on how long you guests are in Vegas they might also want to take in a show or do their own thing. Would you mind sending me the info you have received? We are thinking of playing mini golf the night before our wedding and the place we are looking at is across the street from the HR. Might be a nice place to go afterwards if it fits the budget.
  • missmo14missmo14 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment First Answer
    edited July 2013
    Thanks ladies. Im really warming to the 3 - 5 timeframe. I already love the venue and its within budget. We also have family that won't be coming to the bachelor / bachelorette parties the night before.

J9 if you pm me your email I will forward you the package information.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Me and FI had breakfast on the patio at HRC. It was so nice and the food was great! Good location with a view :) 3-5 sounds like a good time too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Thanks Valerie. Im pretty much sold on the venue. The packages are really decent for what we get too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Here's how I see it:

3:00 PM isn't too early. Even when I'm partying until dawn, I'm generally awake around 1:00 PM or so. Also, for that reason, I'd appreciate having a good meal full of healthy protein after drinking all night. :)

Besides, if they're really tired/sick, they can always skip it. They'll meet everyone at the wedding, so it's no biggie if some people can't make it.

Ending at 5:00 and then having a date night with your FI is a fabulous idea. You're going to want some down time for just the two of you before the craziness the next day. With the bach parties the night before and the wedding the following evening, you'll want that time for an intimate, romantic dinner.

I wouldn't worry about the sunset views because, as you said, everyone will be on the DDB the following evening.

I think you're good! :)
  • SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I think this sounds like a great idea!  Go for it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @missmo14 I just PM'd you.  Thank you!
  • 3-5 is fine, and won't conflict with shows and things people may want to go to later.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards