May 2014 Weddings
Options

Wedding Registry

Please tell me that I'm not the only one who has registered for some items already? FI and I have been engaged for over 3 years now, and we just couldn't wait any longer!
Anniversary

Re: Wedding Registry

• Options
    Yeah, most of our things will be upgrades; I have lived alone while FI has not. While we were registering, FI said that he hasn't seen me that excited since I got my ring haha
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're not registered yet, will be doing that this summer. We've been engaged for almost 2 years.  When we moved in together we got all the cheap basics so we will be doing some upgrades as well.  I did make a few online wish lists of items that we will want/need when we do register.  I can't wait to register -  I didn't want to buy the cheap versions of some things cuz it made no sense to have them now & then get another a year or so later (ie. I'm dying for a blender!!!!  oh and a decent vacuum!!!).
    Anniversary

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I'm registered! My mom wanted me to register for my engagement party, she said it would be a good idea in case people wanted to buy me something. And I got a lot off of it!
  • Options
    We are registered at BB&B for only a few things, only because a few family members were harassing me because they wanted to buy us an engagement gift, though we weren't having an engagement party.
  • Options
    We aren't registered yet, but we want to register before the Holidays' in case people ask what to get us. We don't live together yet so honestly, we do not have anywhere to store things right now! 
  • Options
    I haven't added anything, but I created our registry. I'm a person who likes to do things in advance so I'm not rushing around last minute. My fiancée thinks it's too early. :)
    Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot! Visit The Knot!
  • Options
    We haven't created one yet.  We're probably going to start one in the fall sometime, probably in September or October.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I think that's fine, I only have one warning - one of my friends registered early, like you did, and a LOT of her items were discontinued before anyone bought them. As in, she registered for the summer line of items, and by the time that her wedding and showers rolled around, they weren't selling them anymore. So just be aware.
    "Marriage: The roots are deep. The covenant is solid. Life is hard. Love is sweet, and God is good."
  • Options
    EmilyM143 said:
    I think that's fine, I only have one warning - one of my friends registered early, like you did, and a LOT of her items were discontinued before anyone bought them. As in, she registered for the summer line of items, and by the time that her wedding and showers rolled around, they weren't selling them anymore. So just be aware.
    I was given that warning as well.  That's why we haven't registered yet.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    EmilyM143 said:
    Yes, this is what we were told from Macy's. We registered for more "classic" items (China and appliances) that should still be around next year. I'm a bit more concerned about the BBB items, so I will registry stalk in a few months :)
    Anniversary
  • Options

I was just wondering if I should start my registry soon. I guess its not too early.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Im not registered yet. We plan to do ours in August. So excited!!!
  • Options
    ryanpaa10 said:

I was just wondering if I should start my registry soon. I guess its not too early.

FI and I totally jumped the gun. I spotted some casualware that I *had* to have and then I started to scan ALL the things :)
    Im not registered yet. We plan to do ours in August. So excited!!!
    It is very exciting...have fun!
    Anniversary
  • Options

We haven't registered yet. Too nervous our things will be discontinued before people go out looking for our items. We will probably do ours come September?

My question is... how MANY places do we register. My brother is getting married this coming September, and they registered at 1 place... with only about 50 things on their registry! I always thought it should be more places, and different prices ranges... to give your guests some options if they choose to do a gift.

• Options

We haven't registered yet. Too nervous our things will be discontinued before people go out looking for our items. We will probably do ours come September?

My question is... how MANY places do we register. My brother is getting married this coming September, and they registered at 1 place... with only about 50 things on their registry! I always thought it should be more places, and different prices ranges... to give your guests some options if they choose to do a gift.

I've always heard that 1 is too few and 3 is too many...so we're doing 2. I hear that the rule of thumb is to register for 2 gifts per guest, but I we are likely going to register for less than that.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We plan on registering at 3 places and will probably register around January 2014 to avoid things being discontinued by the time our guests go shopping. We are definitely scouting some items out though:)
  • Options
    We started registering last night at Target, as PP said, for more general items that probably won't be discontinued. I know FI's family is really happy we're finally getting married (We've been engaged for 3 years), so they might be wanting to purchase gifts as soon as the STDs go out. We'll probably also register at Kohls.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards