Michigan-Northern
Options

Michigan Wedding Reception on the Water

I thought it would be simple. You know, lower PENINSULA? As in, surrounded by water? I just want a reception in a building on the water. After literally a month of searching, I have one possiblity, out of at least 100 that we looked at. Here are the specifications. Anyone know of a place that would fit them?

-Big enough for 250 people (there's the kicker, thought I'd put it first)
-Indoors, but with the building on the water
-Able to see the sunset

PLEASE HELP ME. 

Re: Michigan Wedding Reception on the Water

• Options
    I know you think you're being specific but you're really not. The west side of the state is your only option for a sunset, but it stretches from St Joseph all the way up to Mackinaw City. Plus you haven't provided a budget. Do you really not care where it is or how much it costs?
  • Options
    <div>I don't think I am being specific.That's why I am surprised it's been so hard to find a place! I don't really care where it is; we are flexible, and the budget is under $25,000. It doesn't have to be a sunset over the water, necessarily, I'd just like to be able to see it.  </div><div>
    </div>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-northern_michigan-wedding-reception-on-the-water?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:628Discussion:2650ef04-5f1d-41b7-90b6-0c0e913ec2d5Post:8a06320b-9230-4ed7-86c5-4ca48ab26d7d">Re: Michigan Wedding Reception on the Water</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know you think you're being specific but you're really not. The west side of the state is your only option for a sunset, but it stretches from St Joseph all the way up to Mackinaw City. Plus you haven't provided a budget. Do you really not care where it is or how much it costs?
    Posted by zitiqueen[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    Try Petoskey area.
  • Options
    I just found this site: http://freshcoastweddings.com/venueselector . I'm not sure if it helps you much or if you've already looked through those, but the list is pretty large. Good luck!
    ~Weeds are just flowers without an invitation.~
  • Options
    Have you looked near Ludington?
  • Options
    Have you looked at the Hagerty Center in Traverse City?
  • Options
    I would look into Visions at Center Pointe.  They are able to seat 220 in their mainroom and are able to add an additional 60 in an additional area.  View of the bay is breath taking. 
  • Options
    We fell in love with Shanty Creek in Bellaire- views overlooking Lake Bellaire, holds over 200 people with a cocktail patio hour overlooking ski hill & lake. Reception room has large windows as well. We struggled with the same problem. Homestead in Glen Arbor is absolutely beautiful for a ceremony looking over Lake MI but the actual reception site doesn't have a water view and was out of our price range.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards