Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Dress Steaming

Hi knotties

Im on a roll finalising all of my vendors and im looking into dress steaming. I know Debi from fit for a bride is highly reviewed and I have emailed her. I would like to know when you ladies have scheduled to have your dress delivered. Is it the day before your wedding or on the wedding day? I would be a nervous wreck I think if it was delivered on the day.

Have any of you had final fittings with FFAB?

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com

Re: Dress Steaming

• Options
    I'm getting married on a Saturday but arrive in Vegas the Sunday before. I will be taking my dress to Debi on Tuesday and pick it up on Friday :) I will have enough things to worry about on the big day that I don't want to stress out with the dress. Since I don't want FI to see it before the ceremony, my dad will keep it in his room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We had ours delivered wedding day, but it was 4pm wedding so plenty of time for her to deliver.  To cut down on nervousness, we did arrange for her to pick up in person from my room and drop off the same.  I didn't want bellhops, hotel staff or anyone but Debi handling our stuff.  She brought a rolling garment rack all the way to the room since we were having 12 or 13 things steamed or pressed including the dress.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We are arriving in Vegas on the Tuesday before our wedding.  Deb said she would pick up my dress from the bell hop on Wednesday and drop it off on Friday (our wedding is at 5:00 pm on Saturday).  She told me that she works with Caesars lots and they are really good about taking care of the dresses.  I am hoping to be relaxed about it, but I feel like that is the one area where I might be a bit of a bridezilla!  She also gave me the option to ship the dress directly to her (she said that no dress has ever been lost) but I think I am too nervous to do that.  I might do like @vegasgroom and have her pick it up/deliver to our room.
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    This reminds me that I need to follow up with Debi myself.  I am shipping my dress out to her (as well as my FI's suit... and possibly our fathers' suits.  She told us that she would deliver my dress at 5 pm on Friday (my wedding is the next day, Saturday).  I asked if she could do it earlier in the day because we will be at our rehearsal at 5pm, but she never got back to me.   For some reason, I'm OK shipping it out there, but the thought of having some bellhops handling my dress makes me super nervous! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210 said:
    For some reason, I'm OK shipping it out there, but the thought of having some bellhops handling my dress makes me super nervous! 
    My wife arrived at THEHotel separate from me and a bell hop took her dress with her luggage when she wasn't paying attention and she flipped out lol.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We will be dropping the dress off to Debi then arranging to meet with her in the lobby to collect the dress. Im thinking the day before the wedding.

Can't wait to say 'I do' on April 14, 2014 - Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    They delivered mine the day before to the bell desk. Caesars delivered it up to my room.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    SD210SD210 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    SD210 said:
    For some reason, I'm OK shipping it out there, but the thought of having some bellhops handling my dress makes me super nervous! 
    My wife arrived at THEHotel separate from me and a bell hop took her dress with her luggage when she wasn't paying attention and she flipped out lol.
    Ha ha, yeah, I totally can understand that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @Missmo, I would do day before too. Less things to worry about. You never know about delays that are out of her control.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not to thread highjack, but has anyone had the hotel steam their dress for them? I am just worried Debi wont have availability for my wedding and trying to figure out other options.
  • Options
    Dont worry.. I took them my dress Thursday morning when they opened at 10am.. they said I could pick it up at 4pm the same day..

Just reserve your time.. and they work with you.. I texted them when I has questions. They replies quickly
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards