Florida-North Florida

Honeymoon Help, Please :)

Hey! I'm from NC, but we're planning on going on a HM somewhere in Florida. First we looked at St. Augustine & found a great place, but then found out about a bunch of hidden fees & other drawbacks so we're trying to find something else. I figured I'd ask you ladies since you're from Florida. So... does anyone have any ideas for a place to go for a romantic HM? We don't have a huge budget & I'd like to be on the beach. TIA!

Re: Honeymoon Help, Please :)

• janedoe1113ajanedoe1113a member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Destin has some really nice areas.  You could also do Disney!What are you looking for in a honeymoon?
  • brittjoy84brittjoy84 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you looking for a big city or somewhere more quaint and secluded?
  • edited December 2011
    Quaint & secluded. I would love a nice quiet beach in a little town. We like to go out to eat & to bars and stuff.. but we're not really into going out to clubs & nightlife. I just was a relaxing, pretty, romantic place... & a clean room :)
  • jagore08jagore08 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sanibel Island is an amazing place. It's a very small island and extremely beautiful.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I know of a beach house for rent 20 minutes south of St. Augustine. I can get details if you are interested. My email is Sheridesavstar@aol.com
  • edited December 2011
    this isnt in florida but Jekyll Island in GA is right over the florida ga border. is beautiful
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the ideas :)
  • ChelleLynn97ChelleLynn97 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    lots of bed and breakfast places and bars etc in amelia island. Ferrny beach
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love St. George Island and Appalachicola.
  • edited December 2011
    what's the b&b Fawn stayed at in St Augustine?  she's always raving about it.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    She just told me over on the Nest, it was the Cedar House Inn, B&B in St. Augustine.
  • Have you given any thought to traveling to the Cape Cod or the Islands in Massachusetts for your honeymoon? These areas are within driving distance of your starting location and are absolutely stunning! You could probably find some pretty cheap flights too.  There is so much to do from relaxing on the beautiful beaches to enjoying a stroll to the local boutiques and restaurants, it could be the perfect spot for your trip.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards