Getting in Shape
Options

Dr Oz Cleanse?

Has anyone tried this? I am 2 weeks to go and cant seem to loose the last few pounds so I was thinking about giving it a go, but im worried keeping to a strick detox schedule while im this stressed wont be a good combo.

Re: Dr Oz Cleanse?

• Options
    Anything labelled as a cleanse probably isn't good for you. Your body is full of organs that "cleanse" and "detox" all on their own.

Focus on eating whole foods, drinking lots of water, and watching your sodium intake. Just try and relax, get some workouts in, and be healthy. With 2 weeks left you can still hopefully lose a little, or at least by keeping your foods clean feel a lot better and more energized!

Congrats on being so close!!!
  • Options
    xcaly get out of my head!
  • Options
    It won't be a good combo. 
    In fact, it'll be a HORRIBLE combo. 
    Your body detoxes itself. It's called your liver and kidneys. They are pretty incredible organs. 

Restricting your body's need for proper amounts of nutrients and calories is never a good idea. But add in that you want to do it during a time where you are already stressed out? 
    I would expect that your cortisol level will increase in your body as a result which will cause things like. 
    -crappy sleep 
    -greater hunger (and usually fatty cravings)
    -slowed metabolism 
    -headaches
    -drastic mood swings 

Cleanses/Detox ideas don't go over well on this board. This board is about Getting in Shape for the long term. There is nothing GIS and long term about a cleanse/detox. 
    You said you have the last few pounds to lose. 
    What are you doing right now in terms of exercise? When was the last time you mixed up your routine (muscle memory is a real thing!) 
    Do you food log? 
  • Options
    Thanks, thats kind of what I was thinking as well, but so many people kept recommending it. Im a person who already works out every day and I eat very clean so its hard for me to loose without something a bit more drastic.  
  • Options
    mrseposa I can relate. I want to be down about 5-8 pounds more, but my body is happy where it's at. It just doesn't want to. It's called your "happy weight" and we women like to fight it :P lol

That's great that you are already active and eat well. 
    When was the last time you mixed up your schedule? How many days a week do you lift heavy? That could easily be the thing that helps break your stuck point. 

Also, we all have different views of "clean eating", but I will say that it's important to have a proper carb:protein:fat ratio. Food logging helps show you if you're doing well with that balance. On top of that, sugar. Sugar is what keeps me from losing the last bit. 
    I really don't eat much junk, but simple sugars from 
    juice
    bread
    pasta (Although, I made the swap to quinoa pasta now) 
    red bull 
    wine/spirits

Are the things that keep my abs from showing themselves. 
    Just a couple things to consider.. 
  • Options
    Dr. Oz is a flake in my opinion. He gives poor nutrition advice which makes people who actually studied Nutrition (like myself for 6 years) cringe.

Your liver and kidneys cleanse and detox enough on their own. Fad "cleanses" can do a lot of damage, make you feel weak and tired since you're basically starving yourself. Depending on your weight and height, your body needs a certain amount of calories to do basic bodily functions. Cleanses don't tend to be anywhere near the amount of calories you need.
    Married as of June 22, 2013!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards