October 2013 Weddings
Options

TGIF

This week couldn't have taken any longer. I seriously felt like I worked 15 hour days when I only worked 10. Today I am done at 11 and will be off all next week. Right when I get done I have to go home, finish packing, pick up my mom, and we are heading two hours north of where we live to my granparent's cottage.

Next week we are just playing it by ear. Whatever we feel like doing, we will do, except for a few minor wedding items. Hopefully it will be a nice week off and the temp drops a little here so its not too hot.

Re: TGIF

• Options
    It's going to be a great weekend! Tonight we're just hanging around the house - I have to do dishes, and I want to get all of our invites assembled and sealed.

Tomorrow I am starting my pre-wedding facial program (I got this SWEET package from a local spa for 3 facials, waxing, and a full body scrub the weekend before the wedding). I am probably going to get my nails done too because...

Sunday is our engagement pictures! We are having some family photos done in our backyard with Goober and then going to a local park to take the rest of them. We are doing a slight travel theme - "Destination Happily Ever After". I am pretty excited! It is supposed to be beautiful outside to - 75* and sunny. Perfect!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• Options
    TGIF IS RIGHT.

But today started off well. I got to sleep in because I had a dentist appointment at 8 - no point going into work at 7 to turn around 20 minutes later to go to my appointment. It was glorious. Which also means I've only been at work for like, 15 minutes instead of the normal 2+ hours.... win! AND! although it's been 2 years since I've been, my teeth got a thumbs up! No cavities, my gums look good. The dentist actually said my teeth look "beautiful". Yea.... Anyway.

Tonight is day 2 of VBS, I anticipate it being just as exhausting as last night, which means I will go home and pass out about 9pm. Tomorrow I NEED to go and run (my 5k is next weekend, AH) and then VBS again. Cleaning, as usual, is on my to-do list. Sunday is the last day of VBS, and then I plan on relaxing by the pool for a little while. And taking a nap.
  • Options
    schellzinatorschellzinator member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    My day started off with Abby making herself throw up in her crate at 4:30 a.m.  However, it has only gone up since then...I guess when you have a fairly low starting point it has to.  I'm excited for 4:00.  My weekend will hopefully consist of fun in the sun!

Next week I really need to get back on the wedding planning bandwagon...because the invitations definitely won't address themselves. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rkborkbo member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    haha, you all must be east coasters! My day is just starting :) Tomorrow we go for our first DANCE lesson, eeeek, I'm nervous. I have 2 left feet!
  • Options
    hardlyhannahhardlyhannah member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    Central here. :-)

I'm goign shopping over lunch hour for new shoes - excited for that!

EDIT: gif not working - enjoy this youtube video instead

image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Options
    Yesterday was my Friday. Bless a four day work week.

Today, I already had a guy come out for me to sign the paperwork for our new gutters then went to the chiropractor because I threw my scoliosis-riddled back out over the weekend at The Worst Wedding Ever. Fortunately, my chiropractor is a miracle worker, so after two rounds of electrostimulation and adjustment, my spine feels AMAZING!

I was going to pick up my fiance at 4, but he's getting off work early, so we're going to go to lunch with my dad then he's going to play with my parents' cats while I go to my psychiatrist. Afterwards, we're meeting with my mom's jeweler to start the process of getting my ring re-set in white gold!! Gah, it's gonna be a good day.

I'm also excited because both sides of our parents are coming over tomorrow for a work day at our house :D! We're getting ready for our guests coming in October, so we're trying to get the gutters and windows replaced and build a deck before they come. It's gonna be awesome. Our Golden Retriever is also stoked as fuck because he ADORES his grandparents.

• Options
    I had yesterday off, and my normal days off are Fri/Sat so I'm in the middle of my weekend. 

WR:
    -But today I contacted my photographer. She told me they have no specific start/end times so I have to make sure to tip them vey well. It will be a 12 hour day for them. (They are friends and would be invited to the wedding anyways. Their contract isn't specific on times so had to double check)

-The girl doing my hair is an acquaintance from HS. She did my hair for E-Pics and I loved it. She is coming to my parents house and is charging $40 a piece! A steal! Also got a time estimate from her. 

-Met with reception location and nailed down more details, mostly regarding bar and food. 

-Going shopping for my mom's dress tomorrow. Won't be fun to be honest because neither of us want her in a "traditional" matronly dress. My mom is very picky, and I don't like shopping for clothes. 

-Best Man nailed down their bachelor weekend away. Maid of Honor reserved cabin for bachelorette weekend away. 

Non WR:
    -Going out to eat with friends, might take the bike :)

-Homework :/

And that's my weekend!

@thejucheidea - I see a chiro and stim therapy is my favorite! A couple of months ago I was working a lot of overnights and I would frequently set up my chiro appointment for after I got off but before I went home. I would sometimes take a little cat nap while  hooked up for stim therapy :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I do the accupuncture/e-stim or heat for my back.  I ALWAYS end up dozing off once she's set all my needles and set me up with heat or e-stim.  LOVE that day of the month.  :)

Also...because someone sent this to me, and it made me think of snip:
    http://i.imgur.com/aq9Psvq.gif

Went out for lunch with my "boyfriend" (my guy bestie).  Minimal work at the office today.  Just got a few things I wanna get done before I blast outta here for the weekend.

Someone got the margaritas started yet? 
  • Options
    rkborkbo member
    Someone got the margaritas started yet?  
    UGH...I wish...On July 8th I told myself I would not drink for 30 days to try to help lose more weight :) Aug 10th I am going to a Luke Bryan concert, so I will definitely be making up for lost (drinking) time that day! 
  • Options
    @rhawndas - brave woman, I really want to lose weight, but not that much! ;-)

image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

• Options
    rkborkbo member
    I blame it on the wedding planning, its making me do CRAZY things! 
  • Options
    Man I was counting down my day on facebook today if only my phone would have loaded theknot... I coulda had people to talk to! Dern it. Lol Morni started off wonderful, got to see my fi for a bit before he went to work, then off to work myself... Busy day, never good enough for coorporate companies... Home and waiting for fi to get home from work to chat about me looking for a new job. Hummmmm
    image 165 Asked to join at our big day.
    image 7 Are coming; cameras in hand ready to party!
    image 5 Are missing out on the fun.
    image 153 Haven't found the mail box back to us.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards