Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Any brides not wearing a veil?

I have decided to not wear a veil instead I am going back and forth between a headband/wrap or a comb with flowers. My dress is ivory and I added a red(Davids bridal apple red) sash with jewels on them. I love the vintage look but everything is so expensive at a bridal store.  Any suggestions?

Re: Any brides not wearing a veil?

• kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment

I didn't wear a veil.  My hair was up in a low side bun, so I thought it looked lopsided with a veil.  I has blingy rhinestone starfish in the bun to add a little sparkle to my hair, that was it.

If you want some sort of fun headpiece you should check Etsy.

• I have very short hair that I don't think would hold a veil (at least not for very long).  I have very little interst in a veil, anyhow.  I bought a beautiful headband on Etsy.
  • I did not wear a veil. I had my hair in a loose, curly up-do and wore an ivory flower that had pearl and blingy and a feather accent. 

• Also not wearing a veil. I will have something sparkly pinned in my hair (not purchased yet).
  • I probably won't wear one. I'm thinking about wearing a purple sparkly flower in my hair. Found a couple on Amazon that I like.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not wearing one either. I'm planning on loose curls with maybe a flower fascinator, but haven't found anything that I like yet.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Me too me too. Not wearing a veil. I plan to wear my hair "sort of down", either half up half down, or maybe one side up. I am thinking of a pretty comb for either of these. I know it will look nice for the ceremony but is anyone else worried they will look like a hot mess as the evening goes on? I am just worried about frizz and sweat and whatnot. I don't want crazy hair but I have always wanted long flowing wedding hair. Not sure if I actually have the hair type that will hold up :))
  • I didn't wear a veil. I put my hair up myself and got a nice comb to put in it.
  • Lored... if your worried about frizz you can try redken outshine.  It's an anti-frizz/flyaway product. its light so it wont wear your down or make it look greasy. Can put in damp hair or dry hair 
  • I still need to find a hair do. I've been looking for a hair piece. my hair is very thin and fine.  I think I'm going to have it all up
  • LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Thx allielynn. I'll check it out.
  • My hair is very thin and fine as well. But my sister has ideas for my hair and I'll probably let her help me with it. But it really only has to look nice for our short ceremony and pictures afterwards.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know how on SYTTD, when a bride is on the fence, they have Randy come out and put a veil on her and suddenly everyone melts and hugs and cries because YES that's the one zomg she's a bride!

The exact opposite happened to me. The bridal shop lady put the veil on me and my entire group deflated, myself included, it was hilarious.

Point is, I guess some of us aren't veil people. Etsy and/or your local crafts market will have really awesome fascinators and birdcages and combs and whatnot, usually a lot prettier and a lot cheaper than they'll have at bridal shops.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You know how on SYTTD, when a bride is on the fence, they have Randy come out and put a veil on her and suddenly everyone melts and hugs and cries because YES that's the one zomg she's a bride!

The exact opposite happened to me. The bridal shop lady put the veil on me and my entire group deflated, myself included, it was hilarious.

Point is, I guess some of us aren't veil people. Etsy and/or your local crafts market will have really awesome fascinators and birdcages and combs and whatnot, usually a lot prettier and a lot cheaper than they'll have at bridal shops.

Too funny... every time the lady put one in my hair, I took it out. She kept trying to sneak it on and I kept taking it out hahaha! I just ordered a flower with feathers and a rhinestone flower in the center that matches the detail on my dress. I plan on wearing my hair down with loose waves or big curls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I"m not wearing a veil, I just decided it wasn't really me. What I am wearing is this gorgeous ribbon headband I got off of etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/59899340/1920s-bridal-ribbon-headband-deco?ref=shop_home_active. The jewels look similar to the ones on my dress and and the ribbon gives it a great feminine touch! I'm super happy with my choice not to wear a veil
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did the veil for my first wedding.  This time I am wearing an ivory dress and no veil.  Instead I'm having an up do with a rhinestone comb in the back.  Much more casual and less traditional, but 100% my taste.  Gotta go with what's comfortable and shows the real me!
  • rboychuk - that headband is stunning!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I will be wearing a ring of lavender instead of a veil.  I'm too much of a feminist to be hiding my face until marriage... yeah right! 
  • I am not wearing a veil either. It is not for me. I am wearing a head band instead
  • I didn't wear a veil; I just wore a headband. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited July 2013
    I don't plan on wearing a veil, they're not my thing.  I imagine myself in some sort of headpiece.  I suggest not looking at bridal stores for this type of thing but something such as Claire's if you are on a budget.  
  • No veil for me, I'm going to rock a cocktail hat.

Anniversary
  • I'm not wearing a veil either. I've always thought they were unnecessary. I'm using a fresh flower in my updo.
  • my friend didnt wear a veil either, she used fresh flower in her updo as well.  And if she wore veil, it would cover her flower...this photo is similar to her updo

• Since I'm having a short outdoor ceremony, I don't think I'll be wearing a veil. If I do, I will be borrowing one of my bridesmaid's (they were married in May and she didn't use it). We'll have to see!
  • Since I'm having a short outdoor ceremony, I don't think I'll be wearing a veil. If I do, I will be borrowing one of my bridesmaid's (they were married in May and she didn't use it). We'll have to see!

Same here deciding on either veil or hair with flowers

• rboychuk said:
    I"m not wearing a veil, I just decided it wasn't really me. What I am wearing is this gorgeous ribbon headband I got off of etsy http://www.etsy.com/listing/59899340/1920s-bridal-ribbon-headband-deco?ref=shop_home_active. The jewels look similar to the ones on my dress and and the ribbon gives it a great feminine touch! I'm super happy with my choice not to wear a veil
    Ooh I love that shop! Favorited!

Sometimes I see a really cool pic with the bride and groom under the veil and it makes me want one a little. But that's pretty much the only reason. I really don't think I'm going to have a veil. They kind of creep me out.
  • First of all you would need to be comfortable with it.
    I think veil looks amazing in the photos!
    Ask hairstylist to put it in
  • kaos16 said:

I didn't wear a veil.  My hair was up in a low side bun, so I thought it looked lopsided with a veil.  I has blingy rhinestone starfish in the bun to add a little sparkle to my hair, that was it.

If you want some sort of fun headpiece you should check Etsy.

I'm not wearing a veil and got my hair comb from Etsy, I love it!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards