Nevada-Las Vegas

Caesars preferred vendors

Hey! I was wondering if anyone else out there has done a ballroom type reception at Caesars? I'm so confused over their policies. Are outside vendors allowed for things like floral, decor? It seems like everyone uses the palette and RSVP rentals. Are these allowed? I feel so lost the all of this :(
Thanks!

Re: Caesars preferred vendors

• Usually they offer a preferred vendors list... Those are who you can typically use without a fee. Did supply a list? If not I would contact them and ask for it. So you can price out the vendors some seem over priced to me. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2013
    We inquired about this with Caesars and Bellagio in 2010.  Both places' ball rooms had to be secured through their respective catering departments.  Of course policies can change in three years so good to check into if you're considering this.

It was not as restrictive as a chapel fortunately, but in both cases they told me that it basically came down to what the vendor was doing as to whether we could bring them in or not, and when they needed access to the room.  If it was something related to room setup, decor or beverage & food service that they or a partner vendor could provide, it would have to go through them, but if it was something outside of that which didn't require access to the room prior to wedding day, we could generally do what we wanted.  It was all kind of odd and you'll probably want to run each and every thing you want to do by your sales consultant so you have it in writing whether it will be an issue or not.

For example, I inquired specifically about photography, videography, DJ, dance floor, photo booth, day of coordinator, floral for both center pieces and decor, uplighting, a band if we did that instead of DJ, linens, wedding cake and room decor.  I had already been in touch with vendors for most of that.

Caesars did not care about photography, videography, DJ, photo booth, band (and would even recommend some to contact).  They would not allow a third party to lay out a dance floor, it had to be quoted out through their facilities engineering department.  Surprisingly, they had no problem with outside floral as long as it could be dropped off morning of at a specific time window; they'd even distribute the center pieces for us when setting up the tables.  They were also willing to accept a third party cake for no charge, but would charge a plating fee to take it and cut it for serving if we wanted that instead of guests cutting off a slice themselves; dollar or two per guest I think.  They would not allow the DJ or a third party to add uplighting.  They would not allow third party linens or alterations to the room.  They would give our day of coordinators key cards for the room the morning of so they could watch the progress and allow our vendors into the room if they had any setup work to do, as long as it was setting something up that had been pre-approved.  I'm sure there's some wiggle room on what you can get away with if you get access to the room day-of but depends on how far you push it. :-)

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Thank you that is so helpful! I had already talked to so many vendors, before I doubled back and realized that I had to use a preferred vendor. Wups! Hopefully since most of what I need will be delivered day of, it won't be an issue.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards