Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Certain time to book

I was wondering if any of you know when a good time of the year is to book a honeymoon? I'm looking for savings anyway I can. So if it means waiting a few months to go on our honeymoon then will wait a few months. I would think there off peak season would be cheaper but I have no clue since this is out first time ever booking a vacation. Any advice would be awesome!!!

image 125 Invited So Far
image 26 Are Ready To Party!
image 0 Will Be Missing out!
image 0 Are MIA!

Re: Certain time to book

• Options
    My mom swears that plane tickets always go down on Tuesday's. She travels all the time for work. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It really depends on where you are going.  My first recommendation though would be to set up fare alerts through tripadvisor to your choice destinations and watch the fare trends.
  • Options
    I agree with @pepper. Each destination  has a peak season and a low season and knowing what destinations you are considering would help.

• Options
    Oh sorry I should have included what we had in mind. Both of my friends had their honeymoons at punta Cana so we were considering going there. Really somewhere beachy in the carribian maybe Aruba, St Thomas somewhere in those general area.

image 125 Invited So Far
    image 26 Are Ready To Party!
    image 0 Will Be Missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    nicnak22nicnak22 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited July 2013
    @alliebear725 I agree with your mom I always book airfare on Tuesday if possible always seems to drop a little
  • Options
    As for airfare. Once you figure out when and where you want to go start searching for airfare (not available till 331 from your return date).

Personally, I don't bother with sites like Expedia,orbitz and the others as I've never found them to be cheaper than the airlines website.

I search the airline website that I want, find my flight then put said flight info into yapta to track it . When the price drops to where I want it, I book it. I don't give much credence to booking on a certain day or time. I've booked on just about everyday of the week and gotten a good rate. Most recently I booked our fligh to Jamaica on a Thur. and thus far the price has only gone up since I booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards