Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Wedding colors

Ok, so what if, I am in love with many colors. And no matter what combo I choose, I always come back to another? Like, we though dark purple/Amethyst and diamond for our birthstones and Hazel/More Brown and Lake/Ocean Blue for our eye colors. We want it to be as personal and meaningful as possible. But I keep thinking of adding Orange because we are HS sweethearts and our HS colors were orange and blue, but also my name is Amber which is an Orange like color. Then there are my favorite combos, Pink and Orange together and Green and Ivory. Ugh, anyways. I cant quite decide what colors I want, or what I can settle for. I love many colors. So 2 Questions: Can a wedding ever just be colorful, with many colors? and also how do most of you choose colors, based on favorites or based on personal and meaningful thing, or both? Focus on the questions please.

oh, 3rd question, I just thought of it, Im not getting married for a year, July or August, summer of 2014, so how soon do I need to know this anyways? before save the dates and engagement party, is what I was going for, so that every party and the stationary match from the start... but when am I supposed to have this chosen? any specific time or month?

TIA

Summer 2014

Days Until A Dream Comes True: Our Wedding Day

Re: Wedding colors

• Options

Ok, so what if, I am in love with many colors. And no matter what combo I choose, I always come back to another? Like, we though dark purple/Amethyst and diamond for our birthstones and Hazel/More Brown and Lake/Ocean Blue for our eye colors. We want it to be as personal and meaningful as possible. But I keep thinking of adding Orange because we are HS sweethearts and our HS colors were orange and blue, but also my name is Amber which is an Orange like color. Then there are my favorite combos, Pink and Orange together and Green and Ivory. Ugh, anyways. I cant quite decide what colors I want, or what I can settle for. I love many colors. So 2 Questions: Can a wedding ever just be colorful, with many colors? and also how do most of you choose colors, based on favorites or based on personal and meaningful thing, or both? Focus on the questions please.

oh, 3rd question, I just thought of it, Im not getting married for a year, July or August, summer of 2014, so how soon do I need to know this anyways? before save the dates and engagement party, is what I was going for, so that every party and the stationary match from the start... but when am I supposed to have this chosen? any specific time or month?

TIA

You do not have to match your stationary to your wedding colors at all, and you certainly don't have to have all of it match. My save-the-dates were stick figures with people in pink and green shirts. My invitations were black and raspberry. My actually wedding colors were champagne and coral. I would gag if all my stationary had been matchy-matchy right down to engagement party invitations. Besides, you don't throw your own engagement party, so those invitations would be whatever the host or hostess picks out. 

Yes, you can have as many colors as you want at your wedding, but at some point you're going to run out of things to HAVE in all those colors. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I think a wedding can be as colorful as you want! As far as my fiancé and I we choose coral, grey and touches of teal. We are having a beach theme since we love the beach and these were the colors we both thought of when we think of summer and the beach. Our colors were our very first wedding decision, even before the date we knew the theme and colors but I don't think there is a specific timeline. If there is I haven't followed it because our wedding is 8-3-13 and we sent out invited months ago and I see people who are also getting married in aug and just now sending out invites. So I think just do what works for you as far as timeline.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I think a wedding can be as colorful as you want! As far as my fiancé and I we choose coral, grey and touches of teal. We are having a beach theme since we love the beach and these were the colors we both thought of when we think of summer and the beach. Our colors were our very first wedding decision, even before the date we knew the theme and colors but I don't think there is a specific timeline. If there is I haven't followed it because our wedding is 8-3-13 and we sent out invited months ago and I see people who are also getting married in aug and just now sending out invites. So I think just do what works for you as far as timeline.
    You sent your invitations months ago? Like how many months? Invitations should go out 6-8 weeks before a wedding. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Oh gosh, maybe march lol. We only did it this way because we have more out of town guests who have been constantly asking when our date was so they could request time off, put it in their schedule , etc..
  • Options

I think what I'll do is choose my top 3, add 2 for top 5 and then if I find any other color, that I cant live without, then ill add it in, in a small amount sorta way... Amethyst & Ocean Blue... Eco Green & Ivory... True Pink & Yellow/Orange aka Amber ;o)... My fiancé wants red... I'm not a huge fan of red, maybe Rose red, I love roses & that's hopefully a big part of my floral arrangements.

Pearls and diamonds...

sooo many choices and I want them all... haha

Thanks for the ideas and for letting me know im not a freak for wanting many choices... Also, question off topic:

How do you get those knot tickers to show up under the comments. I tried and if you look at my original post, at the bottom... that's what I got. :o/ hmmmm...

Summer 2014

Days Until A Dream Comes True: Our Wedding Day
  • Options
    If you want it in your sig so you don't have to continually put it in. Go to the silhouette of the person at the top right, directly under community . You will see a list of things on the left once you click that, then just go to signature, put the HTML in and wala
  • Options
    I think too many colors looks to messy. I do not think your wedding colors necessarily have to be your favorite colors and be meaningful. Choose flowers on what you picture when you walk into your dream wedding. Many people bae it around the flowers that are in season during the wedding.
  • Options
    doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I would try to think of what kind of wedding you want, ie. a giant party, a small romantic gathering, etc.  Then you might have more of an idea whether it should be more muted or bright etc. The colours should reflect both of your preferences, so I wouldn't go with your personal favourite colour combos.  As for when to decide it, I think you should probably decide it before you send out or book anything.
  • Options
    Oh gosh, maybe march lol. We only did it this way because we have more out of town guests who have been constantly asking when our date was so they could request time off, put it in their schedule , etc..
    isn't that what Save the Dates are for?  OP, just so you know, you do not want to send out your invites that far in advance.  6-8 weeks before the date.  When you send them months in advance, it looks like you are trying to get declines so you can invite the B list...
  • Options
    isn't that what Save the Dates are for?  OP, just so you know, you do not want to send out your invites that far in advance.  6-8 weeks before the date.  When you send them months in advance, it looks like you are trying to get declines so you can invite the B list...

I know you don't have to send them that early but all too often I've seen people on here having 3 weeks until their wedding and they are trying to track guests down, get final number counts, etc. I think that's where a lot of stress comes from. My fiancé and I are both stress free because we have everything done and paid for and we aren't racking our brains trying to call this person and that person to see if they are coming.

Sending them early so we can invite the b list?? That's ridiculous, we simply sent them out early because we have mostly out of town quests. We had no intention of sending them out early just to simply invite other people. We invited everyone we wanted to, there would be no reason to have a list of a listers and a list of b listers. We aren't the type that invites more than we could afford in hopes that some wouldn't come. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has sent them early and I'm sure I don't be the last. I apologize to the invitation police who see its their duty to inform me about the Proper Etiquette for sending invitations.
  • Options
    You should narrow it down and pick out just a few colors.
  • Options

I know you don't have to send them that early but all too often I've seen people on here having 3 weeks until their wedding and they are trying to track guests down, get final number counts, etc. I think that's where a lot of stress comes from. My fiancé and I are both stress free because we have everything done and paid for and we aren't racking our brains trying to call this person and that person to see if they are coming.

Sending them early so we can invite the b list?? That's ridiculous, we simply sent them out early because we have mostly out of town quests. We had no intention of sending them out early just to simply invite other people. We invited everyone we wanted to, there would be no reason to have a list of a listers and a list of b listers. We aren't the type that invites more than we could afford in hopes that some wouldn't come. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has sent them early and I'm sure I don't be the last. I apologize to the invitation police who see its their duty to inform me about the Proper Etiquette for sending invitations.
    I did not say you did this for a b list, I'm saying that it can very easily come off that way to those who received it 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards