Pre-wedding Parties

Who should I invite to the wedding shower?

I tried to post this once already but it seems like it didn't work. 
I saw a similar post to this about a small wedding but my situation is a little different. I'm having a small wedding as well, 30 immediate family members and very close friends. Then the next week we are having a large informal wedding celebration with all of our extend family and friends (including those who were invited to the formal wedding). 
My question is this... should I only invite those who are invite to the formal wedding to the wedding shower/ bridal shower/ Jack & Jill (I haven't decided which I'm going to have yet) or should I invite those from both guest lists?

Thank you for your input! 

Re: Who should I invite to the wedding shower?

• Only invite those to the shower who are invited to the wedding. As for the shower, you don't really have a say in it, it is up to the hosts to decide. You just provide a guest list.
  • You shouldn't invite anyone to any pre-wedding parties who are not invited to the wedding. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieL73 said:
    You shouldn't invite anyone to any pre-wedding parties who are not invited to the wedding. 

Carrying this further, you, the bride, doesn't invite anyone to a shower. The shower is given in your honor by someone else.
  • I don't have anyone who will host a shower for me. Nothing about my wedding is going to be traditional so I figured I would have to throw my own Jack and Jill shower
  • I don't have anyone who will host a shower for me. Nothing about my wedding is going to be traditional so I figured I would have to throw my own Jack and Jill shower
    That's super inappropriate.  You should never host parties in your own honor. 

• Blue_BirdBlue_Bird member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2013
    I don't have anyone who will host a shower for me. Nothing about my wedding is going to be traditional so I figured I would have to throw my own Jack and Jill shower
    It's not about tradition. it's about etiquette and politeness. If no one offers to throw you a shower, you just don't have one. Not everyone has a shower. It isn't a requirement for marriage. You have to understand how rude it is to throw yourself a party and ask for gifts.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards