Outdoor Weddings
Options

SMALL area for reception problem

so my FI and i were making plans for a wedding outside in oct in the mt. well we found out it was WAAAAAAY over priced for what they offered, or didnt more like. so we went back to our very first idea of having the wedding at his grandparents lake house, its a good size house right on the lake (BEAUTIFUL!) my problem in the "backyard" is very slanted...not real flat area...for like tables. im looking for ideas for where or how people could sit, enjoy the view and eat. there is flat ground in the front of the house (driveway and garages, FI Gma suggested putting some tables in there, make it look pretty) and a friend suggested blankets for everyone to grab and sit on if they want and some where the tables are. our invitation list is 90, we had to make some cuts. have any ladies had this issue? ideas and suggestions are more than welcome....there are no other options so this has to work or i will need to move it another year :(

Re: SMALL area for reception problem

• Options
    Ash13Matt said:
    so my FI and i were making plans for a wedding outside in oct in the mt. well we found out it was WAAAAAAY over priced for what they offered, or didnt more like. so we went back to our very first idea of having the wedding at his grandparents lake house, its a good size house right on the lake (BEAUTIFUL!) my problem in the "backyard" is very slanted...not real flat area...for like tables. im looking for ideas for where or how people could sit, enjoy the view and eat. there is flat ground in the front of the house (driveway and garages, FI Gma suggested putting some tables in there, make it look pretty) and a friend suggested blankets for everyone to grab and sit on if they want and some where the tables are. our invitation list is 90, we had to make some cuts. have any ladies had this issue? ideas and suggestions are more than welcome....there are no other options so this has to work or i will need to move it another year :(

I would suggest moving it a year.  Or, look into regional or state parks. Many park locations will rent for a few hundred dollars, or less.  Do not ask your guests to sit on a blanket.
  • Options
    I attended a wedding with a similar problem.  They set up the tent in the driveway for the main meal and dancing.  But all of the guests were all over the rest of the property for appetizers and general mingling after the main meal.
  • Options

I attended a wedding with a similar problem.  They set up the tent in the driveway for the main meal and dancing.  But all of the guests were all over the rest of the property for appetizers and general mingling after the main meal.

Thank you! We really don't want to have to split it up in days or wait. Its become such a hassle I think moving it would just make it worse. Our friends and family are laid back like we are. Money is definitely limited or we would "rent" a park. Thank you for both of your input :) this has been beyond stressful!
  • Options

I completely understand your dilema, however I can speak from experience that no one likes to be crammed into a space that is too small to accomodate all of your guests.  I was in invited to a wedding like that last year and many guests got up and left early, some people didn't even stay for the food! 

I like the suggestion QueenFemme made about getting a park pavillion.  I know I wouldn't want to be forced onto a blanket in wedding attire, and I am a fairly laidback person!  Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards