October 2013 Weddings

How productive was your weekend?

Tell me  (us) about it!

Mine was pretty good! I have off on Fridays during the summer, and mailed out the invitations and got our marriage license on Friday. I then did a ton of NWR things (including helping my father paint the upper backyard deck at my parents' house). On Sunday, my mom, Fi and I visited the florist and finalized flowers. Tonight I have a hair trial!

What did you all do?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: How productive was your weekend?

• Got another centerpiece set done - although I think it was too hot out when I painted the vases so I may need to strip the paint off and give it another go. I guess I need to do any spray painting first thing in the am...

I did way over due dishes finally, and stocked back up on fruits & veggies. Vacation Bible School was Thursday-Sunday, and that was good. The kids had a really great time and although exhausting, it was definitely worth the effort.

FH & I had a pretty exciting talk Saturday evening. I'm hesitant to give out details just yet because I'm afraid I'll jinx it - so - positive thoughts/prayers/good vibes would be appreciated!
  • I picked up my dress on Saturday and tried it on.  It needs a few alterations, but nothing major.  I got a little teary :) 

Invitations are assembled, addressed and ready to go.  My mother is responsible for getting them to the post office (she may or may not put in another insert about another hotel, since she feels certain family members will be more comfortable in another location from the one we've reserved).  I'm surprised my right hand is functional today, after doing all the addressing...

Due to some family dynamics at present, I spent part of the day yesterday feeling super anxious and talked to FI about it on the way home.  He's so understanding and I appreciate him more and more. 

• We went to dinner with my FMIL and she booked the restaurant for our rehearsal dinner and put the deposit down.  I am so happy that is done and is one less thing I have to worry about.  My invites are all addressed and stamped except for 2 so those will be going out in the mail this week.

I have my first dress fitting on Wednesday and I am really excited!  I can't wait to put my dress on again, I haven't tried it on in over a year.  Hopefully not too much will need to be done to it. 

We are planning on getting our marriage license in a couple weeks.  We can get it 65 days before the wedding and I can't believe that it is almost that close.  This past year has definitely flown by but I think we are in great shape and there is not much left to do at this point.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • @millersox2184 yay for the first fitting! You reminded me (thank you!) that I've got my 2nd fitting on Wednesday.
  • @LPLions, you made me curious!

I had a half and half....had my first fitting and was happily surprised that the dress fit perfectly (I was afraid that recent weight gain would be a problem).  And, I had no problem with my plan to alter the halter to a criss-cross back......AND, everything will cost a good half of what I guessed it would be!

On the down side, the inexpensive restaurant I had in mind for the rehearsal dinner is refusing to accept large parties......it's high season here and restaurants get slammed.  So,  we're back to the drawing board for new ideas.  Unfortunately, the house is too small to just cater something simple at home, so we're at a loss.  
  • lplions said:
    @millersox2184 yay for the first fitting! You reminded me (thank you!) that I've got my 2nd fitting on Wednesday.
    Glad I could help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image

148 Invited
    image 125 Are ready to party
    image 23 Are no fun!
    image 0 Haven't found the mailbox yet
  • This weekend I picked up my dress from alterations and went to a women's conference at church. I slept a lot and played a lot of Candy Crush. Yeah....I might need to start working on wedding things in my free time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I finished up the invitations so they can go out in the mail this week. (I know, way earlier as we are almost at the 90 day mark but FI's family is just clamoring for the details so out they go!)  Purchased gifts for our dad's.  Started to search for gifts for our younger attendants (this will be a separate post). I figured out the music for the ceremony less our exit song.  Started our list of songs for the reception.

Lastly, bought FI's birthday gift (a little early) but it's a gift for me too!  We are going to another Giants game! WOOHOO!!  Got us awesome seats for dirt cheap!!  

Oh!  I forgot...signed us up for our first bowling tourney for this weekend!  So excited!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • On Friday, we took my engagement ring to be re-made in white gold. We should have it back by 8/20, and until then, I have a white gold band that I bought to wear. I might end up using it as a wedding band instead of just having the one ring, but I haven't decided yet. I'm getting it resized on Friday because right now it's a little small (I wear a 7.75 and it's a 7.25 -- I'm getting it resized to an 8.25 so that it's relatively loose to account for swelling when we start TTC next year).

It's not wedding related, but we did a ton around the house over the weekend. Our parents all came over and changed our front beds into a rockscape so that we don't have to worry about plant upkeep or weeds. We also cleaned out the closets, did a ton of laundry and started cleaning out boxes in the garage. I also signed the paperwork for new gutters and windows, and I approved a team coming out to tame the hill behind our house so we have more yard! Next month, we're having another work day with the parents, and on that day, we're going to set the posts for a deck, finish some sheetrock in the house, putting in under cabinet lights in the kitchen and wiring plugs in the garage. It's gonna be awesome!

I also cooked a lot yesterday even after having to go into work unexpectedly when my nurse manager called me to say that she was ill and wasn't able to go into the clinic to do the nurse assignment for today. I made vegan banana flax pancakes, zucchini latkes, picante chicken, mint tea, pattypan squash egg cups and gluten free mushroom ravioli from scratch. I felt very productive.

• @thejucheidea - that all sounds delicious!
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• My weekend was great non-wedding wise.  Wedding-wise...I wish I eloped.  I found out that one of the people I am planning on inviting (sent a save the date) might not agree with me and FI getting married - based on something that happened four years ago. I personally wouldn't go to a wedding that I didn't agree with. But they plan on coming...so I plan on reaching out to them within the next week to discuss the issue. Not looking forward to that conversation - but it is one that needs to happen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Saturday - Took the big dog to the groomers for a bath and a shave, ran and opened up a bank account for him, and a savings and a CD for me (CD is paying 5%..sign.Me.UP!), then grabbed lunch, where I booked a new officiant (the new one is only $150, the one we had previously booked [but not signed anything with] was $430), then he took me home so I could start getting ready for my performance.

Just because I wanna, here's a post-performance picture (I'm studying American Tribal Style bellydance, and this was my first performance with the troupe):

And here's one with my teacher and I during our performance with the rest of the troupe as our "bookends":

After that, ran and fed my sister's cat and bunny rabbit (she and her BF are going on a cruise!  YAY!!!).

Went home, and passed out!!

Sunday; cleaned house.  All.Day.  Ugh.  TOTALLY our fault as we've been running the past 3 weekends.

I did, however, remind him to give me wedding money, and that I MUST love him since I gave up a day in the saddle to stay home and clean house.  BLECK!!

Now, back to wedding shopping.

Thank you internet!  :)

• Sick: ALL weekend.  I didn't get a thing done in any sense. 
  • @shaylagirl I definitely read that as "Opened up a bank account for the big dog" and.... I think I need coffee or something.
  • I finished up the invitations so they can go out in the mail this week. (I know, way earlier as we are almost at the 90 day mark but FI's family is just clamoring for the details so out they go!)  Purchased gifts for our dad's.  Started to search for gifts for our younger attendants (this will be a separate post). I figured out the music for the ceremony less our exit song.  Started our list of songs for the reception.

Lastly, bought FI's birthday gift (a little early) but it's a gift for me too!  We are going to another Giants game! WOOHOO!!  Got us awesome seats for dirt cheap!!  

Oh!  I forgot...signed us up for our first bowling tourney for this weekend!  So excited!!! 
    This was FI's birthday present last year!  The tickets and two boxes of Chocodiles, which they don't sell in this part of the country.  I think he liked the Chocodiles more than the tickets.

This was FI's birthday present last year!  The tickets and two boxes of Chocodiles, which they don't sell in this part of the country.  I think he liked the Chocodiles more than the tickets.
    I had to look up what a chocodile was - I think I need to try one now.
    image 209 Invited
    image 151 Yes
    image 46 No

Daisypath Wedding tickers 

• @amaryann ~ He took me to my first every MLB game over Memorial Day weekend.  I'm OBSESSED now.  LOL  Never really cared about baseball growing up but thanks to FI and his softball/baseball love I'm now a fan!  :-)  I can't wait for next year when we can go to more games!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • shaylagirlshaylagirl member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I want to google Chocodiles...but I'm afraid I too would want one. 

Aren't they what Roger on "American Dad" eats sometimes?

Edited to Add:
    @lplions - Well, FI ~does~ think he's the big dog in our house.  LOL!
  • My weekend was fairly productive. I made almost all our table numbers and plan on finishing up Wednesday. I will work on the seating chart on my overnights this week. 

I worked Sunday, but afterwords I went through my "to-do" list with mom. She ordered 2 dresses online to try on since there aren't many dresses she liked in store. 

Sent out the invitations today! Yay!

Found out that we have to hire a new overnight position and that means more overnight shifts for me (boo). But I did get someone to cover an open shift next weekend so I feel accomplished :)
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • fairly productive! picked up our wedding rings, sent a rough copy of our ceremony to our officiant, ordered thank you cards for my bridal shower along with rehearsal dinner invites and new return address stickers with our name on them (all with a vista print groupon, so i spent next to nothing!), printed off our itinerary for our honeymoon for my parents and his parents in case of emergency, finished stickering my jams for the favors and last but most importantly sending out my invites TOMORROW!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards