Luxury Weddings

Introduction - from NJ

edited July 2013 in Luxury Weddings
Hello everyone - I just stumbled onto this and have enjoyed reading some posts that I have browsed.

I am located in Northern NJ, right outside of NYC.  Our wedding is October 12 of this year, so we are getting married in under 3 months.

Here are some of our plans so far if anyone cares (just as I liked reading about others' plans)

Our venue is a restaurant that also holds weddings. The cocktail hour is in an atrium with brick walls and a glass ceiling. It opens up to their gardens and fountains.  The dining room is behind stained glass sliding doors that open after the cocktail hour (and both spaces are then used for the remainder of the event).  It will be a 4 course meal with top shelf open bar throughout, plus the cocktail hour food.  Our ceremony starts at 10:30, and cocktail hour at 1, so it is a formal day time event. Harpist will play as guests are seated, and the the organ for the ceremony. One song will be played on the piano as my maid of honor will sing. (ETA: Church is 2 miles away from reception venue. Ceremony is at church.)

There are 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 5 flower girls and 2 ring bearers. We are expecting approximately 200 guests, but don't know quite yet as the invites are not actually sent.

Some of the fun details:
  • My dress is Marielle by Rivini
  • The bridesmaids are wearing Bill Levkoff 676 in glacier which is Tiffany blue - it's a color that is flattering on everyone
  • Photobooth - becoming standard at weddings (especially in NJ) but should be fun
  • Event Painter - Joan Zylkin will paint the reception as it unfolds, and we will hang the painting in our home after the wedding
  • Flowers are mostly roses and hydrangea in pinks, whites and yellows
  • Candy bar - again, pretty standard, but fun choosing the candy
  • Favors are birdseed heart "patties" from a seller on etsy. FI's family is into birdwatching and nature, so it seemed pretty and not something that will collect dust 
  • Lavender toss as we leave the church (instead of rice) - saw that on pinterest and thought it sounded kinda neat
  • Invitations are Crane paper with teal/aqua letterpress - floral motif around the borders 
  • My cousin actually owns a bakery and she will be making our cake. It will be approximately 5 tiers with ruffles, flowers and any other designs that we find we like. (Hasn't be figured out completely yet, but the tiers will be S'mores flavored and chocolate with chocolate ganache filling.)
Looking forward to hearing about your events as well!  :)
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

image 293 (Adults) Invited
image198 Yes (+ 12 children and 3 babies)
image95 No
image0 Unknown

Re: Introduction - from NJ

• I'm from northern NJ as well! I just got married at the W in Hoboken a couple weeks ago. Have fun planning and let me know if I can help with anything NJ-related.

Your wedding sounds lovely!
  • Welcome :) My brother just got married (in NJ) and had the photo booth. It really was a great idea and was packed the entire time!

• AJuliaNJ said:
    I'm from northern NJ as well! I just got married at the W in Hoboken a couple weeks ago. Have fun planning and let me know if I can help with anything NJ-related. Your wedding sounds lovely!
    Congratulations!  One of my bridesmaids got married in October of 2009 and wanted the W in Hoboken, but it wasn't completed/built yet! She ended up at the Liberty House which was really nice as well.

Thank you to everyone else for welcoming me  :)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• KDM323KDM323 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Another NJ bride here!  Your plans sound lovely!
    *** Fairy Tales Do Come True *** Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi! I'm an NJ bride as well, but from central/southern NJ.  The wedding sounds great!!  I've never seen an event painter before you must post the end product once you have it!

Anniversary

• Hello everyone - I just stumbled onto this and have enjoyed reading some posts that I have browsed.

I am located in Northern NJ, right outside of NYC.  Our wedding is October 12 of this year, so we are getting married in under 3 months.

Here are some of our plans so far if anyone cares (just as I liked reading about others' plans)

Our venue is a restaurant that also holds weddings. The cocktail hour is in an atrium with brick walls and a glass ceiling. It opens up to their gardens and fountains.  The dining room is behind stained glass sliding doors that open after the cocktail hour (and both spaces are then used for the remainder of the event).  It will be a 4 course meal with top shelf open bar throughout, plus the cocktail hour food.  Our ceremony starts at 10:30, and cocktail hour at 1, so it is a formal day time event. Harpist will play as guests are seated, and the the organ for the ceremony. One song will be played on the piano as my maid of honor will sing. (ETA: Church is 2 miles away from reception venue. Ceremony is at church.)

There are 7 bridesmaids, 7 groomsmen, 5 flower girls and 2 ring bearers. We are expecting approximately 200 guests, but don't know quite yet as the invites are not actually sent.

Some of the fun details:
    • The bridesmaids are wearing Bill Levkoff 676 in glacier which is Tiffany blue - it's a color that is flattering on everyone
    • Photobooth - becoming standard at weddings (especially in NJ) but should be fun
    • Event Painter - Joan Zylkin will paint the reception as it unfolds, and we will hang the painting in our home after the wedding
    • Favors are birdseed heart "patties" from a seller on etsy. FI's family is into birdwatching and nature, so it seemed pretty and not something that will collect dust 
    • Lavender toss as we leave the church (instead of rice) - saw that on pinterest and thought it sounded kinda neat
    • Invitations are Crane paper with teal/aqua letterpress - floral motif around the borders 
    • My cousin actually owns a bakery and she will be making our cake. It will be approximately 5 tiers with ruffles, flowers and any other designs that we find we like. (Hasn't be figured out completely yet, but the tiers will be S'mores flavored and chocolate with chocolate ganache filling.)
    That is such a cool idea! Well worth it, I'm sure.

Just out of curiosity, where in Northern NJ? I went to elementary school in Mountain Lakes.
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks - lots of NJ! 

The event painter was something I always knew I wanted and I'm really excited to see the finished painting. I also think it's really cool that you get to see the progression throughout the event.

Mountain Lakes is a bit farther out - I've been there a few times (and a close friend of FI's family recently moved there) but I generally don't head out that way. I'm in Montclair.

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• The event painter sounds so cool!  
    Don't worry guys, I have the Wedding Police AND the Whambulance on speed dial!
  • Hello everyone - I just stumbled onto this and have enjoyed reading some posts that I have browsed.

Some of the fun details:
    Welcome!  From NJ as well (and a DMB fan!).  Your wedding sounds amazing.  Can I come?  :D
  • Thank you!

:)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• LoredLored member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    Hi girls!! I'm Jersey as well. Jersey girls PM me!! We are getting married 12/31 at Liberty House. We are super excited for our wedding,
  • Welcome! Your wedding sounds wonderful. I love all your color selections.
  • Lored said:
    Hi girls!! I'm Jersey as well. Jersey girls PM me!! We are getting married 12/31 at Liberty House. We are super excited for our wedding,
    One of my bridesmaids actually had her reception at the Liberty House! :)

image95 No
    image0 Unknown

• Lored said:
    We looked at the Liberty House. That's a beautiful location! Are you doing something NYE-related at your wedding?
  • Fellow NJ bride here!  We are getting married on April 4 at the Brownstone.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards