Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

So, my dress is kind of low.... Hair style help!

My wedding gown is Cassablanca 1827. I had "the feeling" that so many brides talk about when I put on the sample dress and I ordered it right away. Well, now that the dress is in and in my size.... it shows a lot of skin! I'm not sure if it sat higher on me when I tried it on and they had it clamped or what. The entire bodice is just way too-cut low for my comfort. The back comes down about 3 inches lower than where a bra would be and even though I'm only a B cup, I feel it's too low in the bust. I still love the dress, but fear the side-swept updo I was envisioning for my wedding day will be too revealing. I was thinking of leaving my hair down to make me feel less exposed.

Is anyone else in this situation? How are you girls wearing your hair?

Re: So, my dress is kind of low.... Hair style help!

• Options
    Tinav43 said:
    My wedding gown is Cassablanca 1827. I had "the feeling" that so many brides talk about when I put on the sample dress and I ordered it right away. Well, now that the dress is in and in my size.... it shows a lot of skin! I'm not sure if it sat higher on me when I tried it on and they had it clamped or what. The entire bodice is just way too-cut low for my comfort. The back comes down about 3 inches lower than where a bra would be and even though I'm only a B cup, I feel it's too low in the bust. I still love the dress, but fear the side-swept updo I was envisioning for my wedding day will be too revealing. I was thinking of leaving my hair down to make me feel less exposed.

Is anyone else in this situation? How are you girls wearing your hair?
    Don't rely on your hair to cover you up the day of! the last thing you should worry about is having to constantly be uncomfortable or feeling exposed in your dress. You have a dress problem, not a hair problem. Take it to a seamstress if you are really that uncomfortable - they might have some good solutions that can make you more comfortable without altering the character of the dress.

Then you could do your hair the way you imagined :) 

• Options

I second PDKH.  You need to talk to your seamstress.  They may be able to build up the bust with extra lace/fabric to not only give you more coverage but in a way that will accent your dress seamlessly.

The last thing you want to be doing on your wedding day is constantly playing with your hair and pulling it forward to cover yourself.

• Options
    Thanks!!!! You're both so right. I have my first fitting in two weeks. I'll explain my concerns with the gown and hopefully they can help me. I know seamstresses can do amazing things! I just love the dress so much and didn't want to alter it too much and have it look like a different dress!
  • Options
    Yay! Good luck!

My sister had a sweetheart gown that was too low for her comfort. They literally just built up the curves in the neckline. You couldn't tell any difference at all. Trust me, they can do amazing things.
  • Options
    its a beautiful gown!  if you feel shy about showing a lot of skin, maybe put your hair down and do a romantic curl..like this 

but of course, get ur alternation tight and fitted! then maybe you dont have this issue anymore
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards