Connecticut
Options

Boudoir Photography - Questions

I spent my weekend looking for a wedding photographer and somehow I came across with this website www.hellofabuluxe.com I didn't know what boudoir photography was until I saw the photographer's portfolio. My questions to you are:
do you ladies know about boudoir? are you doing it? if you already did it...did your husband or fiance loved it? how much did you pay? 
I guess that's it for now. lol.
thank you.

Re: Boudoir Photography - Questions

• Options
    I definitely want to do this! I plan to do it a few months before the wedding (when I'm in great shape) and create an album. I'll give him the album as a gift, maybe the night before our wedding. I can't wait! :):)
    I need to find a reasonably priced photographer to do this. And I plan to sign a contract with them stating that they are not allowed to use any images from the session that show my face. It wouldn't be good for my career if the images showed up on the Internet with my face or name. That's my only concern.
  • Options
    @KCLindgren
    I guess I am also need to get in shape. :) ... already taking some zumba classes before I start shopping for my perfect dress.
    thank you
  • Options
    A lot of photographers do this.   Ditto that you need to do your research and make sure you sign a contract.

Also, make sure you have a plan of where these would be kept.    Just like there may be things in a night stand drawer, you don't want these to find their way into the hands of a MIL! 
  • Options
    Sometimes there are boudoir photo packages available on Groupon. 
  • Options
    I did mine with simply k studios w a groupon - $95. She was great- they have a studio and its so pretty and shabby chic. She made me feel so comfortable. I haven't gotten back the album yet (pricey - 350) but I saw the online proof and it looks great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    THANK YOU :)
  • Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary
    I did boudoir photos. They were a surprise wedding gift and they blew FI's mind, he loved the album (i also got a disc of all the images).  I used Amanda Rose Photography.  Amanda does a party package, so if you find 2 other friends who are interested it's a great deal.  For $250 (party package option) I got 3 outfit changes and my makeup done.  Ordering the album and disc of images with rights to print was an addition $215.
  • Options
    thank you sb1212 i don't know if I like the idea of the boudoir party but thank you so much.
  • Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    @gracediva, I know it can sound awkward, but if you go with good friends, it's really a ton of fun.  All 3 of us were super nervous but we brought champagne and OJ and made mimosas while our makeup got done.  It also helps that Amanda's studio has 2 areas available for taking photos.  The room that's private has a bed, a chair and a couch so you could go in there with just Amanda and not worry about people watching you.  The other area for photos is in the main room where we got our makeup done.  This room works well for her to put up different backdrops.  We all ended up taking photos in both rooms, but in the room where the rest of you party group could watch you, we all were wearing more conservative outfits.......I for example did a ribbed tank top and booty shorts for my main room shoot.  So, even though the 2 other girls I was with could watch that part of my shoot, because I wasn't dressed in lingerie it wasn't uncomfortable.  And to be honest, when one person was being photographed the other two of us were usually just talking and not even paying attention to the person getting photographed.  Amanda also does boudoirs for just one person, but keep in mind it will be more expensive.
  • Options
    SB1512SB1512 member
    Also, keep in mind that it can take a bit of time to get your photos and albums done, especially if your wedding/anniversary is in the summer.  I did my boudoir in mid april, and got my online album proofs in late may.  The album was then ready for me about 2-3weeks later.  Most photographers do things other than boudoir, and wedding season picks up in April/May usually and then is in full swing for the summer, so if you are a June/July/August bride be sure to give yourself a good amount of time so that you can make sure your photos are ready when you want them to be!
  • Options

I did them for our anniversary prior to our wedding and he loved them!!!  I used Bluegrass Boudoir www.bluegrassboudoir.com

• Options
    I'm doing a boudoir shoot this Sunday with Simply K Studios. I met them at a bridal show in Windsor and started following them on facebook. Back in June they posted a flash sale for boudoir pics...50% off all of their packages! So I booked! I'm a little nervous, but very excited! My fiancé has no idea and I think he'll be very pleasantly surprised when he gets the album on our wedding day as part of his gift :)
  • Options
    do you ladies know about boudoir? Yes

are you doing it? Definitely!  It was so much fun.  I was nervous at first, but I had a great photographer who made me feel so comfortable.  The shoot took about 2 hours because she needed to "break me out of my shell".  I guess I was holding back in the beginning, but by the end of it, I felt really confident about myself and super sexy.  (I am, by no definition of the word, "sexy", btw).

if you already did it...did your husband or fiance loved it? Oh boy did he love it!  Ha ha!

how much did you pay? $1,000 including professional hair & make-up artist that the photographer provided (who also did a fantastic job), hotel suite (it made the perfect backdrop), and a brag book for him.  Worth every penny, in my book!  :D  Images on disc would have cost an extra $500, but I didn't need them because when will I ever re-print those images, anyway?  The book had more than enough photos in it for my guy!
  • Options
    @kimmish01 today is Sunday so best of luck on your boudoir session. yeah!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards