Wisconsin
Options

Alterations Nightmare! Do NOT go to Personalized Alterations.

I feel it is important for me to share my experience with Personalized Alterations and the recent alterations of my wedding dress.

I purchased my wedding dress from Elegant Occasions and was given a recommendation to take my dress to Sandy at Personalized Alterations. When I went in for my second fitting, I was given a total of $560 for alterations. This cost included taking my dress out, adding a slight sweetheart neckline, inserting bra cups, replacing one broken button, a bustle, small sleeves and taking out the skirt. I was charged $260 for my bustle alone and was charged twice to have my dress taken out, $60 for my hips and then an additional $50 for the skirt. When the total was given to me, I was offended that I was being charged so much and because she had already started work on my dress, I was stuck with her or I would end up paying her for the work she had already done plus a $40 cancellation fee.

I am not sure if these unreasonable prices are charged because she needs to keep her storefront open, but I could have bought a more expensive dress that fit me perfectly instead of paying this much for alterations. I advise every bride NOT to go to Personalized Alterations located at 2421 Park Road Kronenwetter, WI 54455. Their phone number is (715) 370-0837 and they can be found at www.personalizedalterations.com. Not only do they have poor customer service, but charge nearly three times as much as every other seamstress in town.
Amber & Chris

Re: Alterations Nightmare! Do NOT go to Personalized Alterations.

• Options
    Were you charged the $370 in section to the $560? If so, do you have it in writing that everything would be $560? I'm sorry that you had a crappy time with your alterations.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    Hi- I'm not sure where you are getting $370 from. I was charged $560 for all alterations on my wedding dress and she gave me an itemized receipt of her charges. This is a photo of the receipt she gave me.
    Amber & Chris
  • Options
    I had added the $260, $50 and $60 up thinking that you were charged that in addition to the $560. Regarding error on my part. I haven't purchased my dress yet or really looked into alterations because my mom's friend can do it. Looking at what they are doing, they are doing a lot of work on the dress and that take lots of time. My sister's dress needed to have bra cups added, the bustle done and slight hemming as she had to order the dress in a longer size because of her height and it was well over $500 just for those. My parents spent more money on the alterations than the actual dress, and they went with the seamstress at the salon because it would have been expensive for them to bring the dress to WI to have work done from AL by my mom's friend.
    You never lose by loving. You always lose by holding back. - Barbara DeAngelis
  • Options
    edited July 2013

Amber & Chris
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards