October 2013 Weddings

Men's Warehouse Rant

My FSIL mentioned she would rent the vest and ties for her boys so they could match FI and his groomsmen.  So I contacted MW where we rented the tuxes, and asked how much they would charge for the two items.  $62.00!!!!  Seriously?  For two young boys who only need two items???  They guy I was talking to should count his lucky stars that we were doing the online chat thing otherwise he would have gotten a serious earful!!!  I figured around $25 to $30 to rent the two items but not just over $60!  FSIL and her family are spending enough money to come out for our wedding and I can't ask them to spend and extra $120 just so the boys can match FI!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
image 68 Yes
image 16 No
image 0 Unknown

Re: Men's Warehouse Rant

• I had my ring bearer in the same tux as the groomsmen until they told me his would be the same price as the GM....$170!!! Uh no....so I asked why it was so much but before they could answer someone else suggested just putting him in a suit the was similar to the tuxes...$50 plus cleaning fee. Oy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm just having my RB get a cute little suit, which is what we did for my son for my MOH's wedding. 

Because YEAH...MW tried that shit with me when I booked an appointment to go over tuxes.

I was underwhelmed with their color selection (I know, I KNOW, very prom...), I was underwhelmed by the sales associate, and I didn't really like the prices either.

I am STUPID happy with my local guy who has a PLETHORA of colors, SCADS of different tuxes, and was just so laid back and chill about the whole thing. 

Sometimes, you just gotta break away from the chains.
  • My FSIL and I have decided we are going into the tux rental business!!  LOL  I sent her a sample picture of the color and she is going to see what she can find there in IL.  I told her I would LOVE to have the boys match but not at an expense like that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 84 Invited
    image 68 Yes
    image 16 No
    image 0 Unknown
  • Kstan... same thing happened with us!! Ridiculous to have a 3 and 4 year old spend $169 on something they will wear for only 3 or so hours...we went with the suit for them too!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Good call Kristin! We must outsmart the system!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • And theConfirms my thinking!  My mom wanted my son (RB) in a tux and I told her we should just do the suit thing.  She disagreed and before we were said and done (with a taliored made shirt, purchased) she spent close to $200.00!  URG!!!   And they only thing we have to show for it is one button down shirt that he will now wear for Thanksgiving, Xmas and any other party or event until he grows out of it. 

• I don't...I can't even...WHU?!!!!

Kids grow SOOOO fast!!  No way could I spend that much on a kiddo for one event.
  • I totally agree!  But my mom is footing the bill for the entire wedding including Bridesmaid dress, tux's, so she has the Final say! 

• I had the same experience. She asked if we wanted our ring bearer to be in the same outfit as the rest of the party. We both said yes without hesitation.. when she said it's the same $180 I almost laughed! I could never ask my FIs cousin to pay that for his two year old. CRAZY. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards