Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

foo fighters as first dance song ?

Is "Everlong" by the Foo Fighters an appropriate first dance song choice? My fiance and I are disagreeing on many other choices that are "more traditional". We both like this as a choice. MY other top picks are "Something" by the Beatles, "Chasing Cars' by Snow Patrol, or "Ain't Nothing 'Bout You" by Brooks and Dunn... I would like something unique.

Re: foo fighters as first dance song ?

• edited May 2013
    we would do the acoustic version of Everlong
  • I think it's perfectly acceptable. It's about what you two want. It's the only "first dance" you're going to have.

All that being said, my FI and I are using a song by The Used so I may be a little biased in support.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think it's great, in fact I'm walking down the aisle to it! I approve lol
  • i love the acoustic version.  If you want it --- go for it!

• I say its your day do what you want! People will prob appreciate the originality of watching you dance to a song they haven't heard 1000 times at weddings. The acoustic version is a great idea!
  • I think "Everlong" is a great song choice.  I am also using an acoustic version of a rock song when I walk down the isle - Def Leppard's "Hysteria".
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's the song we are using for our first dance, acoustic too :-)  The wedding party is also walking down the aisle to Sweet Child O' Mine, but a strings version
  • jennscott14jennscott14 member
    First Comment
    edited July 2013
    I absolutely love this song! I think that its a fantastic idea. We are thinking about playing the acoustic version when we walk back down the isle together after our ceremony.

• Amazing song! My cousin had this as his wedding song.... little hard to slow dance to, but you can wing it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing Everlong for our first dance!! My dad and I will dance to Nothing Else Matters by Metallica.. I almost went with a Changes cover by Ozzy and Kelly-  where she says she loves her daddy... but I didn't think I could make it through that without crying. ha
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards