Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon at Yellowstone??

My FI and I are wanting to go somewhere relatively inexpensive, and we both think Yellowstone National Park would be a wonderful place to go. I was wondering, what all is there to do at or near Yellowstone? While I want plenty of time for relaxation, I want to make sure we have plenty of awesome things to keep us occupied.

Re: Honeymoon at Yellowstone??

• Options

When I visited a couple of years ago in mid-May I stayed in West Yellowstone in an inexpensive, but cute hotel.  It was a 2 minute drive to the west entrance.  The northeastern part of the park was still closed because of snow.  Lucky, there wasn't anything in that direction that I was interested in.  The northern and western parts seemed pretty well thawed out.  The southern part did have a lot of snow.  I went in that direction one day as I drove south past the Grand Tetons to do an afternoon walking around Jackson (very cute town). 

I have heard that getting reservations inside the park can take a long time.  I was content staying just outside.  West Yellowstone was a nice little town that had plenty of restaurants, hotels, and shops. 

I loved the park and all the wildlife that I encountered just driving around.  There are tons of places to stop for seeing geysers, hot springs, and the one big canyon.  If I had been there longer, I would have looked into white water rafting on Snake River down by the Grand Tetons or maybe doing something on a ranch or with horses. 

There seemed to be lots to do there, even though I wasn't there during the peak season.  I think you'll love it!

• Options

We went to Yellowstone for our honeymoon and we loved it. We stayed at a ranch between Cody and the East entrance called Bill Cody Ranch. Definately recommend staying there. It was cheaper than staying in the park and about the same price as staying in Cody. They also do horseback day trips and flay fishing trips. There is even a little diner that they serve breakfast and dinner. We went over the 4th of July last year. It was busy, but we enjoyed it. I also second the Bill Cody Musuem. There is also about an hour north of Cody a Japanese internment camp that was made into a musuem. Every day during the summer there is a rodeo in Cody. June 30th is a big one. Also the days leading up to the fourth is one of the stops to the nationals in Vegas. The town of West Yellowstone also has a lot of activities and a bear sanctuary. PM if you have any specific questions or if you want the number to the ranch we stayed at.

I would definately recommend a honeymoon to Yellowstone.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards