Wedding Party
Options

flower girls

hi.

i have a small dilemma. i have two options for flower girl. i have a baby cousin who will be 1 & a half by wedding time, which is really young. but my other option is two young cousins who will be almost 8 by wedding time. I am unsure   what will be more appropriate. 

thanks

Re: flower girls

• Options

I also think 1.5 is really young.  If the child cannot understand what their "role", so to speak, is then they are too young.

I think your two 8 year old cousins would be perfect.

But honestly you shouldn't have to question your choice so much.  Like with your BMs you either know who you want to ask to be a flower girl or you don't.

I personally don't really see the point of flower girls and think they are primarily for show rather then honoring them.  But if you really want a flower girl or girls then I would go with the 8 year old cousins.

• Options
    Ditto Maggie on all points. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I agree with PP. Go with the 8 year olds.
  • Options
    I'd ask the 8 year olds.  Children under 3 are too young.
  • Options
    MayDay513MayDay513 member
    First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2013
    double post
  • Options

I also think 1.5 is really young.  If the child cannot understand what their "role", so to speak, is then they are too young.

I think your two 8 year old cousins would be perfect.

But honestly you shouldn't have to question your choice so much.  Like with your BMs you either know who you want to ask to be a flower girl or you don't.

I personally don't really see the point of flower girls and think they are primarily for show rather then honoring them.  But if you really want a flower girl or girls then I would go with the 8 year old cousins.

This part. My mum wants me to have my nieces as flower girls, but just because they are cute. I feel that would be using them as a prop for cute photos. Now, if I wanted them to be my flower girls that would be fine, but I'm indifferent and would rather they just came as cute guests.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards