June 2014 Weddings

How many of you are DIY brides?

I would love to be able to AW some of my DIY here if that's okay. I feel like a "know" you all a bit better as a group than the vast community on DIY and Budget Bride board.

Re: How many of you are DIY brides?

• I too am diying on a lot. I would love to see what you have come up with!

Got 2 free toasting glasses, used stickers I already had, and purchased ribbon for 1.79 which I only used 2 snips of, a dot of hot glue and voila! Customized toasting glasses.
  • These are super cute.  Keep posting!  I'm DIYing a lot too (although haven't done much yet) so I'm interested to see what others are doing.
  • I'll be DIYing a lot, too! I've already made my garter and FI and I are starting to talk about our invitations.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I made table numbers. I bought the frames from a lady on ruffled, they are ikea. Bought some scrapbooking paper from walmart for $5 and some cardstock on clearance. Cut the scrapbook paper to 4x6 and used a stencil on the black cardstock to make the numbers. Glued it in place. There is no glass in the frames. 

Close up:

• And a Thank you sign we will hold for pics and place on the gift table. 
    Paper came from the same scrapbook set I got at walmart.
  • These all look great. We have made 10 sets of three different sized mason jars for each table as the centerpiece, as well as a burlap cards sign and a mr and mrs burlap sign. I love the toasting flutes, i had completely forgotten about those! Thanks for sharing!
  • Wow that is some nice stuff.  I'm not crafty at all so I probably won't be doing anything crafty myself

Anniversary

• I am totally in love with the frame idea for the table numbers.  I'd have a totally different color palette, but I'm defintiely stealing this idea :)
  • I'm DIYing quite a bit! My invitations, save the dates, programs, favors, and place cards. I haven't started on my programs or favors yet, but I've made good headway on my invitations (they take forever to make because they're wood) and have made place cards for the people I know will be there (also wood). I also have a mock-up of our save the dates and all the supplies to make them. Everything posted so far looks great!
  • I'm definitely a DIY bride. Just no cooking:-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • DIYing as much as possible!
    I am going to try to make my own centerpieces, invites, and flowers. There's ribbon flowers, coffee filter flowers, and I tried to make streamer flowers just last night (i attached photos). Pinterest has some good ideas that I hope aren't pinstrosities (:
    Is my pic acceptable for bouquets? centerpiece?
  • wabanziwabanzi member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited July 2013
    @jeanines610: I did steamer flowers for my niece's wedding. Very easy with a great impact. I like yours. They look good in bunches, IMO. Nice color too. For my own wedding, I'm doing oversized painted paper flowers.
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Great to know - thanks @wabanzi !!
  • I just finished our photo booth backdrop.  We are both sociology professors, so I cut up a sociology text to make it.  It is 4 by 8 feet.  I'm not sure if I need another panel or not (?).  FI is ill today, so I can't test it out.image

Aside from actually getting married (and the entire ceremony) I think I am most excited for the ice cream and dessert bar, and the photo booth.  
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not a super crafty or DIY type of person, but I'm going to try my best!

@wabanzi, I love your backdrop! That's awesome.

@jeanines610, were those flowers hard to make? They're beautiful.

@88beautymarked, the thank you sign is adorable!  Hopefully all of you DIY-ers will give me some inspiration.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pattywhack -Aw, thanks. I knew there was a use for sociology :-)
    20130121-125529.jpg 
      Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love it all - I wish I was a bit more crafty. My attempts always look like a 5 yo has had a go!
  • elf814elf814 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    We are doing a lot of DIY.  The most exciting thing I have done yet is designed our wedding programs, we are doing fans because we are outdoors.  The fronts are all the same and five different backs with a variety of games.  I am excited to print them and make a few.

They will fold in half and be on a craft stick with a golf pencil attached.

• elf814elf814 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Thanks!  I was so excited about those.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards