Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

HELP--- Suggestions for Bridal Party Dance, but not really....

Fiance and I do not want to do a Bridal Party Dance because too many of them are in relationships with individuals not in the bridal party or they are not in one at all and it would be awkward.

BUT my mom got really sad when I told her we aren't doing one, because that was one of the things she was looking forward too, was being announced onto the dance floor at the "Parents of the Bride". Yes I know it is silly, but she really has been superb through everything, and has not asked for MUCH!

So I said that maybe we will do a Bridal Party Dance of just:: Bride/Groom, Parents of the Bride & Parents of the Groom.

Has anyone else done something similar?

Do you have any song suggestions?

Where would you put this? Right after the Bride/Groom, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dance?

Thanks for your help! :)

Re: HELP--- Suggestions for Bridal Party Dance, but not really....

• I beg you to skip this. They are awkward for the bridal party and boring for the guests. It's odd for your mom to be sad not to have a bridal party dance.  Your mom and dad could still dance and be announced w/o creating awkwardness for other people just so she can have a spotlight moment. I suggest having your parents join you halfway through your first dance if your mother wants to dance and be announced. 

What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They do not need to dance.  Play some fun music and just announce them into the reception.  every wedding I have been to (and been in) announces the wedding party:  The parents of the bride are announced first, followed by the parents of the groom (some weddings do not announce parents; up to you). Wedding party can be announced as a "pair" or you can do all the girls and then all the guys.  I have done both ways; even if a guy and a girl are announced together it does need to imply they are "together."  Then announce the bride and groom.

Our girls are being announced to "Girls Run the World" from Beyonce.  They will enter together and the DJ will just say each name.

The guys are being announced to "Suit & Tie" from Justin Timberlake.  Enter together, announce each name.

My groom and I are being announced to "yeah 3x" from Chris Brown. 

Anniversary
  • Really? Chris Brown at a wedding?

Sorry, I just got a really bad feeling in my stomach when I read that. You do know that he beat the crap out of a woman, right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• while I am not a fan of chris brown, we do like the song for our entrance

Anniversary
  • Fiance and I do not want to do a Bridal Party Dance because too many of them are in relationships with individuals not in the bridal party or they are not in one at all and it would be awkward.

BUT my mom got really sad when I told her we aren't doing one, because that was one of the things she was looking forward too, was being announced onto the dance floor at the "Parents of the Bride". Yes I know it is silly, but she really has been superb through everything, and has not asked for MUCH!

So I said that maybe we will do a Bridal Party Dance of just:: Bride/Groom, Parents of the Bride & Parents of the Groom.

Has anyone else done something similar?

Do you have any song suggestions?

Where would you put this? Right after the Bride/Groom, Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Dance?

Thanks for your help! :)

Your parents can be announced without a bridal party dance.  In fact, I've never heard of or seen a bridal party dance before. We had the parents announced, then the bridal party announced, then us.  We did our first dance, then the parent dances.  That was it.  The bridal party did not dance.
  • We are thinking of having our parents each dance to their wedding songs (our parents have been married for 51 and 49 years), but asking all guests to join them as a celebration of love and marriage.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You could have just about any romantic song out there.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards