Knottie Tech Help

preventing people not on list from RSVP'ing; JS error on search results page when no search results

If someone enters their name and it does not match they get this:

We could not find an exact match for the name entered. Please enter your name, email address, and response below.

How can we prevent them from responding? We don't want them to assume they are on the list and do things like add a guest.

Also there appears to be a JS error on the search results page when there is not a match, at least on Mac/Safari. For example at this URL:

http://forums.theknot.com/search?Search=medme&CategoryID=295

We get an error:

http://theknot.vo.llnwd.net/crossdomain.xml bad request

Re: preventing people not on list from RSVP'ing; JS error on search results page when no search results

• There is nothing you can do if they don't enter it like you have it on your guest list. When a guest enters their name, it searches what you've already put in to find a match. I would also recommend having some sort of backup. My website crashed numerous times and many brides have lost their entire guest lists due to technical glitches.
  • I missed that people who are not invited are trying to RSVP. If that's the case, ditto linger and stage.
  • Hi there! I am not sure if there is a way to keep them from responding, but you can try Customer Service at feedback@theknot.com or call Mon-Thurs 6am-7pm PST and Fri 6am - 6pm PST at 877-335-5252.
  • Well actually it's people that are working around the system to add a guest. They are manually adding one via the 'not found' form.
  • Are there a lot of people doing this? I guess I could see one it two trying it, but if a lot of people are, there's something weird.

• Medme27 said:

Well actually it's people that are working around the system to add a guest. They are manually adding one via the 'not found' form.

Then you need to call them and explain that the invitation was only for them and you cannot accommodate extra guests.

Yep, and if this happens more than once it sounds like maybe you didn't invite guests with dates that should have been invited with dates.

This is what I was thinking too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards