September 2013 Weddings

Wedding colors

I'm having problems coming up with wedding colors. Our wedding is september 14th and i know i want the bridesmaids in Navy but thats all i got. My fiance nixed orange, pink and coral. I think I like Navy and gray but am thinking that it might be hard to find flowers.

Re: Wedding colors

• A friend of mine had navy and yellow, which is an easy color for flowers.  You could also have white bouquets with some navy blooms and tied with a gray ribbon or something.
  • We are doing yellow and brown. Probably a little orange with the reception.
    ~~Sept 2013 Brides - January Siggy - Floral Inspiration~~
    This is my inspiration
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The actual one I made
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I just saw a wedding that was all dif color blues it was really pretty.  Then you could really do any color blue flowers. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm in the same boat as you.  This morning I was thinking maybe I'll pair yellow with the Navy...
  • Our wedding is September 13, and I also want my bridesmaids in a navy or darker blue.  Right now I'm thinking of pairing the blue with either gray or orange.  I think if you went with navy and gray you could do white or ivory flowers.  You can also spray paint or dye flowers any color you want, so you could do white flowers with blue edges or something along those lines.

If you really want navy and pink, you might want to check out the color sangria on the David's Bridal website.  It's a really dark pink, almost purple-ish, so you might be able to get your fiance on board with a similar color. :)
  • I wanted to put my girls in Navy and the guys in beige but my FI nixed it. he wants to wear black. wahhhhhh :(
  • I'm September 14 and my color is going to be navy (98%sure anyway). The bouquets will be raspberry. Its a pink/purple shade and blush. I may also have the bm dresses be navy with light blue sashs. the rest of my flowers are going to be white.

Have you thought maybe silver instead of gray or gold?  Flowers can be white.
    Good Luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • yeah thought about silver too. also thought about navy and red but then you worry about it looking like the 4th of july.
  • There are all sort of light purple and light blue flowers out there that would have a grey tone...especially in the wildflower varieties. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Navy and Lavendar are really pretty together.
  • My future sister in law gets married this October and we are wearing navy blue and are carrying a real dark burnt orange flower and the guys are wearing dark grey tuxes with a burnt orange vest and tie looks very nice!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My wedding is Sept 28. I am doing navy with plum and champange. My FI and his groomsmen will be in black tuxes
  • Is Chocolate ivory and cherry blossom r rum champange a good color for a September wedding
  • Im sept 7th - doing navy, coral, camel with the men in gray. My flowers are coral, blush, cream with pops of hunter green for balance. Tables have moss, ferns, succulents and terrariums.
  • I'm getting married on SEPT. 1st and I'm sooo torn if i want CRANBERRY & Light Blue?? Is that a good option?
  • A good way to find wedding colors is to search on Pinterest.... I.e in the search box, type "navy and" and see what different combos come up.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm getting married on Sept 29 and I have my girls in dark purple and (about to work on flowers) and am hoping for a green and cream theme with the flowers with dark purple accents. 
  • RhaetheRhaethe member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited July 2013
    We're doing it a wee bit differently.  Our wedding is Sept 7, and  our colors are ivory, black, and silver ... but we are using navy-ish /  blue-green (like DB's peacock) as an accent *pop* color, as well as the color for the maids dresses and the groomsmen's vests.  I'm in ivory, and the groom's vest is silver.

The reception will use black linens and ivory centerpieces in silver julep cups.  

Don't be afraid to use your color as an accent as opposed to the main color :)
  • Wow I didn't realize blue was so popular for September. We are doing Royal Blue and Apple Green as the accent. I think a bright green like that would also look fantastic with Navy!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards