Iowa-Des Moines

Seamstress?

I've always had the dream of getting married in my mother's dress. I'm leaving pretty much everything the same except I need some slight alterations in size and a "de-poof"ing of the sleeves and the removal of a few over-done ruffles. Nothing like "27 Dresses" at all, just some small updates.

Does anyone know of a good seamstress in the area? We live in Ames so preferably close to Ames but Des Moines or surrounding areas are fine also.

Thanks!

Re: Seamstress?

• Definitely Dornink! They not only alter dresses, but they also design and fabric their own originals! I've had several friends get dresses altered there. I'm actually having my wedding dress custom made from a dress I found on one of these Chinese knock-off sites, since I'm not comfortable ordering the $400 knock off dress. . . The designer, Faythe, is so great to work with. And the other girls, Sarah and Alissa have been extremely helpful too! They are in the East Village in Des Monies. Good luck!

info@dornink.com
  • AMAZING and highly recommended seamstress, KN Custom Sewing in Boone - 515-432-1619

• Not sure if your still looking but I second akreutter KN does GREAT work!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards